12: HIS CAPTIVES

AUTHOR'S POV

City hospital
03:44 pm

" Take this doctor with us". Dash commanded his men before heading outside.

Draven's eyes widen. " W-why me? I told you everything I know". He said panicky to the emotionless persons who pulled their guns out of their pockets and took Draven on the gunpoint with them.

People gathered around the hospital's entrance witnessing the doctor getting dragged. But no one spoke a word because everyone knows King's power.

All the other mafias in the world are hidden. They commit sins in the dark but not King. Only original King's faces aren't revealed. Even if they roam between locals no one can recognise them.

Caden and Elly were on their way back to the apartment. They saw four black cars overtaking them in a heartbeat. Caden recognised who those cars belong to but never in his dream, he thought Draven could be inside of one of those cars.

As soon as Dash and his men landed on Hunter's Island along with Draven, Dash ran upstairs straight and went inside a room where Vi was been trapped by Hunter.

Opening the door Dash met with the smell of alcohol. The condition of the room was messy. Alcohol bottles were shattered everywhere. Drugs pockets were ripped, cigarettes were thrown on the floor.

Vi was lying half-naked alone in a corner with tied wrists. Her neck and collarbones were full of hickeys. Her waist and stomach had long red wounds like she has been beaten mercilessly with a belt. Her whole body had red and purple bruises on it. Even some shattered glass pieces were dug under her feet.

Dash went towards her and first of all checked her puls as she was barely breathing. He removed his coat and made her wear it. She was wincing and mumbling something under her breaths as she wasn't in her senses. She kept on hitting Dash's chest and pushing him away without even recognising him. Finally, she lost her leftover blurred vision and collapsed.

Dash effortlessly picked her up in bridal style and made her lay on the bed. He covered her up in a duvet and asked one of Hunter's men to bring Draven upstairs.

Dash isn't a soft-hearted person but also not a womanizer. He indeed works for all Hunter's illegal business but doesn't support nor interfere him when it comes to human trafficking.

Soon Draven was forcefully sent inside the room. His fearful eyes swiped around. Looking at the condition of the room as well as the girl he swelled in fear. He doesn't know Vi. Caden has never mentioned her sister in front of Draven because they aren't that close.

" Do whatever is in your hands. She should survive". Dash said turning towards Draven. " You'll get everything you need for her treatment within a few minutes". With that Dash went towards Hunter's room only to see him lying shirtless on his king-sized bed. Half of his face was hidden under a soft pillow as he was lying on his stomach, one hand was hanging from the bed that has a deep cut and the same ring.

" Finally got some time for me huh?". Hunter asked playing with the ring. His weak tone said it all. He was drunk.

" I called you several times but your mobile was switched off ". Dash took a seat beside him on the bed. " And about my time I'm giving it to you more than Zoe".

Hunter stayed silent for a moment staring blankly at his wounded hand. " Do something". He said gazing up at Dash. " I need to see her. I want to touch her. I want her here. It feels like a part of me isn't with me, Dash. I'm dying". Hunter breathed out.

" I'll bring her back to you. I'm investigating, she's still in New York". Dash assured.

Hunter sat up lazily in front of Dash who was witnessing his vulnerable side after a long time. " What did I miss, Dash? Where I went wrong? Isn't my love enough for her to come back to me". Hunter asked with sad eyes.