23: WARRIOR

AUTHOR'S POV

Galaxy Hotel, New York,
07:55 am

Sliding the floor-length white curtains aside Grace squeezed her eyes a little as the bright sun rays hit them.

She sighed heavily looking down at the people who were looking so tiny as the hotel room she was living in for the last two days was on the 78th floor.

She didn't have any courage to go outside but her head was spinning as she hasn't taken any medicine. The headache she's getting from time to time is feeling like her head will explode at any second.

Now she can't spend single sleepless nights or exhausted days anymore, so she decided to get her medicines from a nearby store.

As soon as the sun settled she wore a pink loose full-sleeved T-shirt paired with black leather jeans. She tied her thick chocolatey waist-length hair into a half ponytail and wore a pair of ankle-length boots, to look casual. She wore a cap before grabbing her file and some money. She took a deep breath before heading downstairs.

By asking for the address she reached a pharmacy. She was alert all the time as the hotel she got a room in isn't that far from Caden's apartment.

Showing the reports she got her medicines. An old female chemist was calculating the amount while Grace was tapping her foot on the floor. Suddenly her eyes fell on a product that was on the counter in front of her. She hesitantly grabbed it.

" Count this in too". Grace said to the lady who nodded. That lady's half attention was on the television next to her which was playing some news.

Grace noticed the lady's hand stopped working as well as her body. She followed her gaze to see her own face on the news channel. The shopkeeper lady turned her face towards Grace whose lips got parted and eyes got fixed on the screen.

The lady recognized her and silently turned towards her telephone. She dialed some numbers but as soon as she brought the telephone to her ear it got snatched harshly. She gasped and turned to see Grace who pulled the wire hardly breaking it within a second.

That lady took a step back in horror. Grace swept her eyes around to see if anyone saw her before grabbing the carry bag and leaving the medical store.

It was raining outside. Her heart was racing as she ran passing some alleys. She sighed heavily after getting mixed up in the crowd of the city. She stopped palming her knees looking down at the wet road. People and vehicles were rushing on the road as it started to rain heavily.

A big and colorful reflection of a screen was glittering on the road which caught her eyes. She slowly glanced up, her lips parted when she witnessed the New York Times squad showing a big image of her along with the advertisement of what Hunter told them to show.

She stared knowing she's in a big dutch. Her face is all over the city now.

Getting a grip she looked around only to find a little girl looking at her and the big image.

The girl was wearing a light purple raincoat, clinging to someone. Grace lifted her gaze to see a middle-aged lady distributing some templates She was standing under a bus stand, her hair was tied in a low ponytail, and dark eye bags under her eyes. She was asking every passing stranger to at least have a look at the template.

Grace lowered her cap and hid half of her eyes before walking toward the lady. That lady immediately hand Grace a template and bowed twice. " That's my husband. Please help if you could...".

Grace slightly nodded before walking past them. As soon as she glanced down at the paper her blood ran cold, her feet refused to step forward.

" Dr. Draven". She palmed her mouth.