Epilogue

AUTHOR POV

Caden's apartment,
11:55 pm

Grace went to Caden's empty room and lay on the bed. The room was dark but she didn't care about turning on the lamp and closed her eyes.

She shivered to recall the incident again.

When the mansion exploded the mariners started the ship's engine. Scott pleaded to them to wait a few minutes but the captain announced to start the ship and leave the leftover people as the huge flames were creating heat causing it hard to stay one more moment.

Grace's eyes were fixed on the entrance waiting for Caden and Hunter to come out.

She squeezed her eyes to see a man showered in blood limping out of the mansion.

Caden!

His steps were unsteady, the skin was burnt elsewhere. Elijah and Scott immediately helped him get on the ship.

Vi cried as Caden wasn't even able to stand and fell to the floor of the ship.

Grace sat beside him touching her shaky fingers on his burned cheek numb mindedly

" I'm sorry". Caden said swelling painfully. " I couldn't save him". He coughed grabbing Grace's wrist.

Grace lifted her gaze to see the burning kingdom falling apart where she used to live like a queen of a king.

A silent tear escaped her eye as the memories didn't fail to shatter her heart.

The door-clicking sound broke the chain of her thoughts. She didn't open her eyes and stayed in her place breathing calmly, hearing footsteps coming in her direction. She knows whose those belong.

Caden silently came and sat on his knees in front of her on the floor. He hesitantly brought his hand closer to her covered stomach and rested it on her now slight baby bump.

" I'm so sorry". He apologized to his child. " I'm already the worst father ever... but I want you in my life. I want your mama. Us". Caden tried to hold his tears but failed. " Grace, forgive me once again. Love me once again. I swear I'll love you right". His voice broke, and his body shook as he burst into tears resting his forehead on the edge of the bed. " I can't see your blank eyes for me. I want those warm emotions in them again. I want to give you everything I didn't. Trust me one last time. I beg you". He cried.

Caden was hospitalized for around a month. After his treatment, he came back to his apartment but Grace hasn't spoken with him. Not because he wasn't able to save Hunter. It was because he sold her to that beast who corrupted her mind.

Grace opened her eyes and sat up gazing at the crying mess man. The person who betrayed her twice. But the same person she still loves.

She brought her hand to his head and touched his soft hair with her fingers. Caden lifted her head. The only light which was coming from outside the room was shimmering his tears making his eyes look like galaxies.

" What if I say I've taken my decision?". She asked stopping Caden's heartbeat. " I've regretted a lot of things before. Don't make me regret this decision". She said above a whisper.

Caden grabbed her palm with both of his hands and kissed her knuckle. " You won't. I promise ". He breathed out smiling while tears were still streaming down his eyes.

" Can I get a hug?". She asked.

" Anytime ". He opened his arms for her.

Grace sat on the floor in front of him and hugged him loosely. Caden wrapped his arms around her letting her disappear under his muscular poster.