20: CAUGHT

AUTHOR'S POV

Caden's apartment,
08:34 am

" I'll hunt you". Scott warned.

" Come on dude it's just a sandwich". Elijah gave him a boring look.

" That's not just a sandwich. That's an extra cheese sandwich with roasted chicken breast, tomato, Onion, and mornay sauce under it. Russian bread that been freaking fried in butter by me". Scott held his breath pointing his index finger at himself. " By Scott Watson". He breathed out showing his big ocean blue eyes. " There's no way I'm gonna even let you touch it".

Elijah who was frozen all this time listening to the boy yelling at him shifted the plate back towards him. " You scared me". Elijah said dramatically.

" Even stray dogs don't fight like you two". Caden's voice pulled both of their attention towards his shirtless body who was searching for something in the refrigerator.

" You were home?". Scott's eyebrows crashed also Elijah gazed up at Caden.

Caden hmmed in response bending a little to grab a water bottle from the refrigerator.

" Where's Elly then? Couch is empty". Scott asked.

" She's sleeping in my room". Caden answered shortly not making eye contact with the boys.

" Still!". Elijah's said suspiciously.

" She has caught a cold because of the sudden change of season. She wasn't able to sleep properly last night so...". Caden found Elijah staring at the visible mark on his neck. He palmed the area and rubbed it awkwardly. "S-so I was -".

" Warming her ". Elijah spoke showing a poker face.

" Ah... yeah I-I was Ummm... I'm hungry". Caden stuttered badly under their gaze.

He grabbed the sandwich from the plate and went back to the room again, chewing Scott's double cheese sandwich without his permission.

" He looks freshly f*cked". Elijah muttered following Caden through his eagle eyes.

He peeked inside Caden's room from the kitchen as Caden opened it to get inside. He saw Grace sitting up wearing Caden's white shirt. Her face got all red when her eyes found Caden entering. " Good morning". With Caden's greeting the door closed.

Elijah didn't believe his eyes at first but it was too obvious.

Soon Caden came out wearing his gym outfit. Elijah was sitting on the living room's couch waiting for Caden. " What's going on?". Elijah's voice stopped Caden near the door.

He turned to see Elijah who stood up and faced Caden. " I'm sorry?". He raised an eyebrow.

Elijah's jaw clenched looking at Caden being all saint. " Oh come the f*ck on Caden. You aren't that innocent, not I a fool". Elijah gritted his teeth.

Caden's eyebrows crashed together. " What are you trying to say, Elijah?". Caden asked.

" Oh ". Elijah scoffed. " I forgot. Our Caden always needs explanation in crystal clear words". Elijah stood in front of Caden and spoke. " What's going on between you and Grace?". Elijah asked directly.

" Grace". Both of their heads snapped towards the door where standing Grace with confused yet suspicious expressions. " Who's Grace?". She asked.

" Ask your boyfriend". Elijah taunts shooting a glare at Caden before leaving the apartment and closing the door alarm open.

Caden closed his eyes shut for a second before meeting Grace's innocent eyes. " Who is Grace? What was Elijah saying? What's going on Caden?". Grace showered him with back-to-back questions stepping toward him.