21: BETRAYED

AUTHOR'S POV

Caden's apartment,
02:56 am

Grace took a few steps backward-looking at the man standing in half-light in front of her with puzzled yet surprised expressions.

" Stop". Saying that he walked in light freezing Grace's feet. His eyes were on the lamp beside her which she was about to bump into.

" Scott-".

"Shish". Scott placed his index finger on his lips gesturing for her to hush before grabbing her wrist gently. " Come". He whispered and took her to his hacking room.

He closed the door behind and immediately faced her confused self.

" What are you even doing Elly? You are leaving just because you don't know who Grace is? Have you thought twice before doing it? Where would you go at this time? You don't even know anyone here". He scolded her in a whispering tone.

She spoke after making proper eye contact with him. " I'm running because I know who Grace is".

Scott's lips parted. He blinked multiple times not believing his ears. " Y- you got your memories back?". He unforeseen.

" I overheard them. I don't know who I am but I know three of your reality. Even you Scott?". Scott's gaze dropped. " How could you do this? I trusted you even more than I trusted Caden. You disappointed me. All of you did. I got caught, what are you gonna do now. Tell them about it? Cage me? Force me until your deal will be done with my family?". She questioned trying to look strong but her voice shook between the sentences.

" No". Scott breathed out. " I'm sorry. I really am.  I never wanted to be a part of it but I had no other choices". He looked up meeting her gaze. " I'm not sure but I think our deal is not with your family" Grace's eyebrows crashed together at his words.

" What do you mean?". She asked but immediately stopped. " Oh please no more lies". She said as they lost her trust.

" I'm not lying ". He shook his head. " King... He's a mafia. He also does human trafficking. Cad's sister is one of his captives and I think you were too. All I want to say is don't rush. I'll help you to escape from here but I want you to wait until you get your memories back. Because there's no escape from King. I don't want you to regret".

Grace scoffed. " I don't think I'll regret anything more than being a total fool".

"It wasn't your fault ". Scott mumbled under his breath and the silence took place between them.

" Why do you wanna help me?". She asked.

" Coz I'm guilty. I want to be free from this guilt".  He said sincerely.

" You'll betray your friends for me? ". She asked making him let out a low chuckle. " I can't believe you".

" Even I can't believe I'm doing this but again...betraying others is what I've been doing all my life". Saying that he went towards the door. " Let's go".

He peeked from the room and ushered Grace to follow her. She obeyed and when they reached the living room her gaze fell on Caden who was sleeping on the couch.

Her feet refused to move. She stopped near the couch looking at Caden emotionlessly.

" Elly. Come". Scott called after silently looking at her for a few seconds.

She nodded at Scott and after having one last glance at Caden she left the apartment along with Scott.

Using the elevator they went downstairs. Scott booked a taxi for her which soon arrived. He helped her with her luggage and pulled out a card from his pocket.