Chapter 5

Hollie and Nick entered the Gallagher house after the end of her shift at the Alibi and found Mandy Milkovich snuggling up to a very awkward looking Ian while Carl sat on the floor in front of the TV.

Ian turned around at their entrance, "Hollie! your home." He said and then mouthed the words 'Help me'

"Hey Ian, Mandy." She nodded at the girl. When Mandy turned away Hollie shrugged signalling that she didn't know what to do. 'Sorry' she mouthed to him.

She pulled Nick up the stairs by his hand and into her bedroom, locking the door after her.

"What's going on with Ian?" Nick asked her.

Hollie shrugged, "He's smart he can figure it out" she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him into her, kissing him passionately, "now let's stop talking about my brother" she muttered against his lips as she pulled him toward her bed.

|🚬|

The next morning Hollie was woken by Fiona opening her bedroom door and calling, "Ten minutes to get downstairs" she then left to wake everyone else up.

Hollie sat up and shivered, "why is it so cold." She muttered as she found some clothes for the day and brushed her hair while Nick went downstairs as he was dressed before her.

"Someone get the door!" Fiona yelled when someone rang the doorbell.

When Hollie left her room Carl almost ran straight into her with the kill bat in his hands, "no no no no no" she grabbed the bat from his hands, "the bat is for killing not for taking to school. I don't think Fiona wants any more notes from your teacher."

She hung the bat back on its peg on the stairs and headed to the kitchen to have some breakfast.

Fiona answered the door and Steve walked through, "befriended the brother to win back the girl?" Fiona asked.

"Is that what I'm doing?" Steve asked sarcastically.

"You tell me" Fiona muttered.

"Why is it so cold in here?" Steve asked.

"Where's my damn toaster?" Kevin asked as he walked through the door with bread in his hands, "who borrows a toaster?"

"Carl stop doing that," Hollie told him when she saw that he was trying to melt action figures again.

"Yo, yo, yo, Destructo, that's my toaster." Kevin lifted Carl from his seat in front of the toaster.

"I'm trying to make melted man," Carl said as he stuck the two action figures together.

"Yeah well use a blowtorch like a normal kid."

"Don't you dare go anywhere near a blowtorch Carl" Hollie told him as she loaded the washer with dirty clothes.

"Hey fi, some flower delivery guy was looking for your address" Kevin handed a bouquet to Fiona.

"They're from him, toss 'em." Fiona took the flowers and threw them in the trash.

"No they're not" Steve shook his head.

"Yes. Four bars. Thank you, Beaver327." Debbie said as she placed the laptop on the table.

"Back for more abuse," Lip said eyeing Steve.

Hollie patted Steve on the shoulder as she passed him, "You're like a boomerang." she teased.

Steve shook his head"Yeah, no, I lost a bet to Ian on the game. Need to see what tickets he wants." He explained.

"And we live in the 1700s where telephones haven't been invented yet." Fiona drawled unamused, "so of course, you couldn't just call."