Chapter 37

Hollie woke up early the next morning while everyone else was still sleeping, She carefully got up from the bed so as to not wake Nick and straightened out the t-shirt she had slept in. She made her way downstairs, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up properly, and found Veronica lying awake on the couch. She'd stayed there last night after Kev's ex-wife showed up unexpectedly.

"Morning V," she said quietly, rounding the couch and sitting down by Veronica's feet.

"Hey Hol," Veronica replied glumly, "you okay?"

Hollie nodded, "Yeah I'm fine, Sleep doesn't come easy these days," she mumbled gently rubbing her swollen stomach, "Are you okay?"

Veronica shook her head with a sigh. The sound of footsteps came from the kitchen stairs and both Hollie and Veronica peered over to see Fiona groggily step into the kitchen.

"Hey," Veronica spoke catching Fiona's attention.

"Hey, you're awake," said Fiona as she walked over to them and sat down on the edge of the coffee table.

"Never fell asleep," said Veronica.

"Just go talk to him," Hollie advised. Fiona nodded, "It's not his fault the crazy ex-wife showed up out of nowhere,"

"She's not his ex, she's his wife," V corrected miserably, "and you should have seen his face when he saw her," They were all quiet for a moment before V muttered, "This house is so quiet,"

Fiona frowned before abruptly bellowing out towards the stairs, "Kids, breakfast!"

"Jeez Fiona!"

"This shit is all in your head V," said Fiona, "This house ain't quiet and she is not Kev's wife. you are. Go talk to him." She stood up from the coffee table and walked into the kitchen as the kids began to come downstairs.

"What the fuck is up with foghorn mouth in there?" Nick grumbled as he came downstairs making Hollie chuckle, "Morning babe, help me up?" She held her hand out to him as he stepped around the couch.

He took her hand and pulled her up to her feet, pecking her lips. She scrunched up her face, "You need to brush your teeth," she stated before pecking his lips once more.

Nick chuckled and released her hand, making his way into the kitchen. Hollie turned to Veronica and grabbed her hand, "Get out of your head V, everything is gonna be fine." She assured and kissed the back of V's hand before making her way into the kitchen for breakfast.

|🚬|

"What about Lila?" Nick suggested as they walked into the reception at the clinic, he held Liam on his hip as he was too heavy for Hollie to carry. Hollie shook her head, they'd been discussing baby names to whole ride there and had yet to come up with one they both liked, "No,"

"No?" Nick sighed, "That's the fifth name you've vetoed since we got out of the car,"

Hollie shrugged, "Yeah I know," She rang the bell on the receptionist's desk and told them she had an appointment. They were instructed to have a seat so they did.

"Uh, okay, how about Olivia?" Nick suggested and Hollie thought about it for a moment before shaking her head.

Nick sighed, "Okay, why don't you suggest names?"