Chapter 11

Hollie came down the stairs and found Debbie taking care of Liam in his high chair while Carl had a doll attached to a bunch of wires.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"He's electrocuting dolls," Debbie told her.

Hollie nodded, "Wonderful. Didn't Fiona tell you to stop doing that?"

"They have to pay for their sins," Carl said as he joined the two ends of the circuit.

"That's not concerning at all." Hollie muttered, "I will not be surprised if he turns out to be a serial killer." She said to Debbie making her laugh.

All of a sudden The electricity flickered off making Hollie look at Carl before going over to the window. She saw that it wasn't Carl and Hector was at the pole again.

"Carl!" Fiona yelled from upstairs.

"It wasn't him. Hectors at the pole again." Hollie yelled up the stairs, "I'll go talk to him."

She pulled a cardigan on and went out the back door into the yard followed by Ian, Debbie and Carl.

"Hector!" She yelled as she jogged towards the pole, "hey hector, is there any way you could—?"

"I can't this time Hollie. Third red notice this year. I'm sorry." Hector said.

"Not the first time we got shut off won't be the last," Debbie said.

"Is there any way you could scrape the money together today?" Hector asked.

"We have it. Fiona just forgot to pay it." Debbie said.

"She took an extra shift yesterday and spaced it," Hollie explained.

"Call my cell when you pay. I'll swing back at, the end of the day." Hector said As he handed her a price of paper.

"Thanks, Hector." She said before she and the others returned to the house.

|🚬|

There was a knock on the door and Debbie went to answer it, "coming!"

A kid named warren walked in, "lip upstairs?"

"Yeah"

"Carl eat, don't organise, Okay? They all end up in the same place." Fiona said as she made the kids' school lunches.

"Who was at the door?" She asked when Debbie returned to the kitchen.

"Warren for Lip."

Ian and Hollie were moving items from the fridge into a cooler so that they wouldn't spoil while the electric was off, "don't worry about the ketchup, just the milk and the meat so it won't spoil." Hollie told him.

"Enough hot water for at least one more shower." Steve told them as he came down the stairs, "did Carl blow up the neighbourhood again?"

"No, I forgot to pay the bill." Fiona sighed.

"Hey, happens to the best of us." Steve tried to reassure her.

"Not to me okay? I'm not like this." Fiona said.

"Like what?"

"Distracted."

"Yeah, by what?" Steve asked. Fiona sighed as she packed sandwiches into paper bags, "Well, you're the only new thing in the mix." She said.