Chapter 21

Kevin, Nick and Lip pulled the tarp off of Kevin's old ice cream truck, that was hidden at a junk yard, "aha what"

"Hey, you tried starting this since last summer?" asked Lip.

"No,"

"How's the crop coming?" asked Nick as he pried open the hood of the truck.

"It's almost harvest time," said Kev, "but I'm a bit worried, though. There seems like there's a lot more cops in the park this summer,"

"Yeah I'm working on it," said Lip as he and Nick struggled to open the hood.

Kevin picked up a crowbar that had been tossed by someone, "I'll go chase the rats out of the coolers." He said as he stepped into the truck while Lip and Nick eventually pried the hood open.

As Nick and Lip starting checking for what needed fixed there was thudding and a yelp from inside the truck as Kevin got rid of the rats.

|🚬|

"Stan's yelling again," said Kate as Kevin walked into the alibi.

"So loud you can hear him through the floor," said Hollie as she wiped down tables. After she'd finished the early shift cleaning the motel she had her shift at the alibi.

Kevin groaned, "yesterday it was Nixon and Jimmy carter. What's it today?" he questioned as he tied his hair up into a ponytail.

"I turned the TV up after 'fucking coloured people'," said Kate.

"He keeps going downhill you're gonna have to call Becky." said Hollie.

"He has his good and bad days," said Kev as he used tongs to put a couple of pickled hard boiled eggs into a paper bowl to take up to Stan.

"'Bad days'?"

"That's what you call trying to take out the trash naked?" asked Hollie as she rounded the bar and filled a pint glass with old style for Kev to take to Stan.

"He forgot his pants, it happens alright?" Kevin shrugged.

"I know you love the old racist bastard," said Kate, "but if it were my dad, I'd wanna know he was going south. It's probably time to put him in a home,"

"I can't hear you," said Kev as he walked up the back stairs to Stan's apartment.

|🚬|

"All right, try it now," Nick instructed as he wiped oil from his hands with a rag after he'd finished fixing up the engine on the ice cream truck. Lip climbed into the drivers seat and turned the keys to start the ignition.

The engine spluttered for a minute before roaring to life making Lip lightly smack the steering wheel in celebration.

Kevin walked back up to them after returning from the alibi, "we have a problem," he said, "we may need to sell some pot,"

Nick and Lip looked at him confused, "isn't this what we always do?" Lip questioned.

"A lot of pot,"

|🚬|

Kev parked his truck in the alley beside the alibi and killed the engine so that the three of them could get out.

"So Ethel's been helping out," he explained as He led Nick and Lip down into the basement of the alibi, "you know how she told you about that kick-ass worm shit she's been using on her tomatoes?"

"Yeah,"

"It works so good, we decided to use it on this years crop," he unlocked the internal basement door, "you know how I usually grow a couple plants to get us through the summer?" he pushed the door open to reveal the entire basement filled with rows of marijuana plants.