Chapter 8

Lip had devised a plan and had sat everyone down to go through it.

"Alright, Carl you know that phone outside the Kash and grab?" Lip asked.

"Yeah." Carl nodded.

"Get on your bike go to the payphone and call the police." Lip instructed, "tell them that you saw a little boy walking down Southport avenue at 2:45. Okay?"

Hollie handed Carl a piece of paper with the instructions written on it just in case.

"Why should I?" Carl said.

"You wanna be in a children's home until your 18?" Hollie asked.

"Group home on union has a climbing wall." Carl shrugged.

"Carl!"

"Ugh, I don't have a bike," Carl whined.

"Wire cutter's in the junk drawer," Ian said.

"Steve, Fiona, you guys have to get debs to take that kid back," Lip said.

"That's gonna be difficult," Hollie mumbled.

"I don't know that I can make that happen," Fiona said.

"You have to or we're all fucked." Lip snapped.

"Okay"

"Veronica, I want you to go to the cleaners, ask Mrs Bergdoll to use the phone in the back," Lip said.

"That woman's a cold bitch." Veronica said.

"I've got something for that don't worry." Lip said, "I'm gonna go break the phone outside Connie's pizza."

"Kev what time you going to work today?" Lip asked.

"Uh... I'm going in at 6" Kevin said.

"You're going in early," lip said, "tell them you saw a little boy in a superman costume walking down grand avenue."

|🚬|

"Did you bring in the water heater from the back porch?" Ian asked Lip.

"No," Lip said.

"Well, it's not on the porch," Ian said.

"Seriously?" Lip got up from his seat to check, "bunch of fucking animals"

Debbie came downstairs with Casey.

"Steve, Debbie, Liam, Hollie we gotta go." Lip said, "Fiona, you got Casey."

"I'll see you at Sheila's after." Steve said to Fiona as he helped her with her coat, "hey don't worry, she's gonna be great."

"She doesn't even seem sorry," Fiona said.

"She is, she's just a kid," Steve said.

"She can't tell lies, she never could." Hollie said as she lifted Liam, "we're all going to jail"

|🚬|

"Why can't I just take Casey back now?" Debbie asked as she, Lip and Hollie walked down the street with Liam on Hollie's hip.

"We can't let anybody see you with Casey leaving our house," Lip explained to her.

"Fiona is gonna take Casey to the rendezvous spot." Hollie said, "she'll give him to you and you'll take him back to his house from there."