Chapter 7

Ian and Lip were crouched down inspecting the water heater in the kitchen, "oh, my god. That's uh... it's dead." Lip said.

"You sure?" Fiona asked.

"Uh-huh. The element's rusted out." Lip said.

"Anyone want to make some cookies with me?" Debbie asked.

"How much to replace it?" Fiona asked Lip.

"Uh.. two bills used, four new," Lip told her.

"Shit."

"How about pie? I can get started in the crust." Debbie said.

"Go take a shower," Fiona said.

"I. wanna. make. pie." Debbie demanded.

"You know what l? Hand me the obits." Lip said, "maybe, uh, we can scavenge a dead person's water heater. Thank you."

Fiona handed him the newspaper, "oh, Mrs Dombrowski." Lip read.

"Oh, the uh shaky neck lady? I thought she drowned a couple of years ago." Ian said.

"No Mrs Goga had the shaky neck and died in her own vomit last Easter," Debbie said.

"No pie. Get in the shower. I'm not saying it again." Fiona told her, "Carl, no. I went to school with Kenny Dombrowski. Think he had a crush on Hollie, he was always staring at her."

"Where is Hollie anyway?" Lip asked.

"Nick's," Fiona told him.

"That's a first." Ian scoffed.

"She was not happy about it, his sister is an asshole," Fiona said.

"Shh! Wakes this morning. Let's go." Lip said, grabbing his coat from the door, "up, up, up."

"Can I come?" Debbie asked.

"No."

|🚬|

"I still hate you for making me come here," Hollie said as Nick kissed along her collarbone. They were in Nick's bedroom, hiding from Leona for as long as possible until they both had to leave for work.

"Mhm okay," he hummed.

"I'm not joking," she said, trying to sound serious which was difficult to do while he ran his hands along her naked body and placed wet kisses along her neck and jaw.

"I know," he said as he moved so his face hovered above hers, "why don't you show me how much you hate me hm?"

Hollie felt like the air had been knocked out of her, "you're so hot" she breathed as she leaned up to connect their lips roughly.

|🚬|

Hollie hung her coat up in the coat hook when she arrived at the alibi.

"In need of a refill Tommy?" She asked with a smile, he nodded as she took his empty glass.

She refilled the glass and glanced around the bar, "no Frank today, Jess?" She asked.

"Haven't seen him." Jess shook her head.

Hollie was collecting empty glasses from around the bar when Fiona entered the bar and approached her.

"Hey Fi"

"Debbie stole a baby," Fiona said quietly.

"What?" Hollie whisper yelled so that nobody could hear them.

"Yeah" Fiona nodded, "so I need you to come home right now and help us, please" Fiona pleaded.