Chapter 19

Lip and Ian had been arrested. Hollie had met up with Fiona at the police station and they were sitting in the waiting area with Debbie between them, waiting to find out what was going on. Fiona was anxiously wringing out her hands making Debbie take a hold of one of them comfortingly. She grabbed one of Hollie's hands too making her smile gratefully at the younger girl.

Jasmine came back from where she had been getting them coffees, "no lattes or anything, but they did have hot chocolate for Debbie," she said as she handed them their drinks.

"Thanks," said Fiona, "and thanks for driving, but you don't have to stay." Jasmine sat down on the seat beside her and shook her head, "ah, it's cool. I'll hang for a bit," she said.

Hollie noticed Tony walking by but he avoided looking in their direction and tried to discreetly walk the other way when he noticed them. "Tony. Did you see them?" she questioned making him stop and sigh as she stood up and walked up to him.

"They're still in the back," he said.

"When can we see them?" asked Fiona as she too stood up.

"If Lip's not charged as an adult you can see them both in court tomorrow," he informed.

"Charged as an adult?" Jasmine questioned.

Tony sighed deeply, "He's 17. They may charge him with felony grand theft auto," he explained.

"There's no way that Lip would steal a car he's too smart, and Ian doesn't even drive,"

"If they didn't steal it--"

"They didn't steal it!"

"If they didn't then they have to tell the detectives who have them the car and agree to testify," Tony explained seriously, "if they don't give up a name, Lip could do five years," he walked away and back into the bullpen making Hollie sigh deeply and run a hand through her dirty blonde hair.

Jasmine, Debbie and Hollie sat back down but Fiona walked off to make a phone call to Steve, suspecting that the stolen car was his. She returned a few minutes later muttering about not being able to reach him.

An hour later, Jasmine sighed and checked her watch. Debbie was lying across Hollie and Fiona's laps, half asleep. Jasmine slapped her knees and stood up, "it's almost 1. I gotta get home before Hal decides I'm having another affair," she announced.

She crouched down in front of Them, "let me drive you guys home." She said, "you can get some sleep. And then come back first thing in the morning,"

Fiona and Hollie shook their heads, "thanks, we're gonna stay," said Fiona.

"You want me to take Debbie?" Jasmine offered, "she can sleep at our house tonight,"

"I wanna stay with Fiona and Hollie," Debbie groggily mumbled.

"Thanks for driving," said Fiona.

"I'll give you a call tomorrow, make sure everything's okay," said Jasmine as she stood up and pulled her coat on. She grabbed her bag from the chair beside her and left the station.

At some point during the night of waiting, Hollie nodded off, her head on Fiona's shoulder.

|🚬|

"Jail?" Veronica questioned. The next morning Fiona Debbie and Hollie came home when the boys had been moved from the station to downtown, "why didn't you call me?"

"Jasmine was there," said Debbie as she looked in the fridge. Carl, Liam, Hollie, Fiona and Kev were all sitting around the kitchen table.

"Who?"