Chapter 26

Frank was being his usual irritating self in the alibi rambling about nonsense to the other bar patrons and Hollie was trying to block him out as she wiped down tables.

The door to the alibi opened and Hollie had to do a double take when she saw Carl push her grandmother, Peggy, through the door in her wheelchair.

She rolled over to Frank and stood up. He turned around and stumbled back slightly at the sight of his mother, "Jesus, they let you out?"

"Yeah, they let me out," Peggy nodded as she placed her purse on the bar and sat down on a stool.

"Surprised to see you, Peg," said Kev, "thought you were doing 20 to life,"

"Tricked them into thinking I was dying so they let me out early," said Peggy. She placed some cash on the bar, "gin neat. And something sweet for the kid," she turned to Carl, "thanks for the push,"

Hollie rounded the bar and poured a Pepsi for Carl while Kev got Peggy's gin.

"Is that my little Hollister?" Peggy questioned noticing Hollie as she handed Carl his drink.

"Sure is Grammy," Hollie chuckled.

"Not so little anymore I see," Peggy commented, "look at the tits on you. You got a boyfriend I bet?"

Hollie chuckled again at her Grandmothers bluntness and answered, "yeah I got a boyfriend,"

"He hot?" Peggy asked and Hollie nodded.

"Good,"

"What are you doing here?" Frank questioned making Peggy turn to him, "I'm conducting the Chicago symphony, Frankie." She replied sarcastically, taking her drink off the bar, "what do you think I'm doing?" She drank her shot, "now, but your mother a drink and pretend like you're glad to see me." She scolded.

|🚬|

"A double date?" Veronica questioned as the three of them clocked into work at the nightclub. Fiona had told her and Hollie about Steve's invitation from that morning.

"You gonna go?" Hollie asked. Fiona didn't answer as she put her bag into her work locker.

"Ah, sending a signal," said Veronica.

"Yeah, what's that?"

Hollie shrugged off her grey zip-up hoodie that he was sure was Lip's and shoved it into her locker with her bag.

"'I still wanna sit on your face' signal,"Veronica clarified. Fiona scoffed, "heh. So you guys wouldn't go?"

"No, I'd definitely go," said Hollie.

"Hell yeah I'd go," said Veronica, "I gotta see what the new bitch looks like," Hollie nodded to her to signal that she agreed, "you gotta see what the downgrade looks like,"

"Who you gonna take?" Veronica questioned. Fiona shrugged, "Adam, I guess,"

"Oh, really the BoyScout?" V grimaced.

"Richard?"

"The old guy from the wedding?" Hollie shook her head, "no,"

"Steve's new girl is hot?" Veronica asked. Fiona shrugged, "probably,"

"You'll look like easy pickings for something on the side," said Veronica.

"It's not gonna happen," Fiona denied.

"Like Craig Heisner wasn't gonna happen?" said Hollie. Fiona rolled her eyes and walked out of the locker room.

|🚬|