Chapter 30

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Hollie questioned when she came downstairs.

"Hollie, darling!" Monica exclaimed and threw her arms around Hollie, catching her off guard. Hollie sent Fiona a confused look as she loosely hugged Monica back.

"I made breakfast," said Monica cheerily, pulling away and gesturing to the food on the counter.

"Um...right, thanks," said Hollie. She rounded the counter and stood beside Fiona, "why's she here?" She whispered.

"Grammy died. Could possibly be related," said Fiona. Hollie nodded, "right."

"Where's Lip?" Monica asked as she looked around the kitchen. Everyone but Lip and Ian were in the kitchen.

An awkward silence fell in the room as nobody knew if they should tell their mother that Fiona had kicked Lip out. Well, she hadn't kicked him out per se. She'd given him an ultimatum and he was too stubborn to choose the correct option.

"I'm gonna go take this to go," said Hollie breaking the silence as she grabbed a muffin from the counter and headed for the door to go to work, "bye!" She called back as she pulled her jacket on.

"See you later Hollie!" Monica called cheerily.

"See you mom," Hollie muttered as she left.

As she started to walk down the street towards the alibi she felt a tear roll down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away, staring at her hand, "what the fuck?" Why is she crying? Since when does she get so emotional about her mom?

|🚬|

Later that day Hollie was collecting dirty glasses at the alibi when the door burst open and Frank and Monica walked in.

"Presenting his and her lordship, Frank and Monica Gallagher," Frank announced. Many of the bar patrons cheered.

"Holy shit," said Kev. He glanced at Hollie but she didn't see as she was looking at the floor, seemingly deep in thought.

"About time," said Kate as she hugged Monica, "you still got an open tab running bitch,"

"How are you baby?"

"Better without your bad influence," said Kate.

"Oh please give me a break," said Monica.

Hollie rounded the bar again as Kev placed her mothers usual drink on the bar in front of her.

"Aw Kev you remembered," Monica cooed.

"Irish car bomb how could I forget?"

"I'll have one of those too, K Ball," said Frank.

"You can't handle an Irish car bomb,"

"Aw come on," said Frank, "Hollie?"

"Not happening dad," she muttered as she grabbed a glass and poured his usual drink of old style, "here you go,"

"What's up with you Hollie?" Monica questioned, grabbing Hollies hand before she walked away.

"I'm fine," Hollie shrugged.

"No you've been acting a little off all day chick," said Kate.

Hollie scoffed, "I wonder why," she not so subtly nodded to Monica as she pulled her hand away.

Monica stood up from the bar and walked over to the Jukebox, changing the song and asking Frank to dance with her.

"When they're good they're good," said Kate.