Chapter 42

Hollie, Fiona and Jimmy walked into the alibi which wasn't open yet but Hollie knew Frank was there after Kevin had called her. Fiona scoffed and grabbed the glass of beer out of Frank's hand, "as of right now you are officially on the wagon." She said firmly slamming the glass down onto the bar.

"DFS made a surprise appearance," Hollie told him, "the kids got pulled. It's time for your father-of-the-year act." 

"Oh my god are they alright?" Frank gasped, though his daughters both saw right through it, "tell you what, let's meet back at the house and we'll get this all settled." He tried to step past Fiona but Jimmy grabbed onto the bag he was carrying, "looks heavy," he said as he slung it over his shoulder, "why don't I carry this back to the house?"

"But I need it for some errands I'm going to run in a little—"Frank tried to argue but Fiona interrupted him, "back at the house now or you'll lose your kids and the welfare checks that come with them."

"I go to the house, the city finds gingers body, I'm toast."

"We found Ginger and tossed her bones." Hollie told him, "you're safe."

"Oh," said Frank, visibly relieved, "that's great."

"Not for you," said Fiona making his face drop, "you don't do exactly as I say, I'll rat you out about Aunt Ginger's checks and your fake disability."

"You don't have the balls." Frank challenged.

Hollie was at the end of her tether with him, "Jesus Christ!" She yelled, she could feel her face turning red as she lifted a chair from the table beside her and slammed it back down again, "we need you to do this. Can you just do this?" She yelled—screamed—at her father. Fiona placed her hand on her arm as Frank stepped closer, "I'm sorry, did you just say you need me?" He questioned.

Hollie huffed, "yes. I need you to get your shit together and get the kids back." Frank grinned, "well seeing as how you need something from me maybe I need something from you." He said, "for starters I'd like to be shown the respect I deserve."

"I believe we're already doing that."

Ignoring Hollie's jab, Frank continued, "And this one is non-negotiable, I want free roam of my own house."

Hollie chewed her cheek for a moment, "fine," she snapped, surprising Frank, "we're gonna go visit Lip and Ian in the group home. God knows what they've been dealing with in that shithole. Then we find your lawyer."

She shrugged off Fiona's hand as she turned and walked out of the bar with Frank begrudgingly trailing behind her.

"He has a lawyer?" Jimmy questioned as he and Fiona followed them out.

|🚬|

Ignoring Frank's reminiscing about his time in the group home, Hollie smiled as Lip and Ian walked out of the front doors, "hey," she mumbled as she hugged them both tightly.

"Hey, we missed you guys," said Fiona as she hugged them once they were released by Hollie, "how you holding up?" She asked as the four of them made their way back over to Jimmy and Frank.

"We're fine," Lip assured, "place is a joke."

"They still serving that rotten porridge?" Frank asked.

"He already on the wagon?"

"As of right now." said Fiona, "you out on furlough?"

Ian shook his head, "no I've got to work. He's gotta finish parole hours."

"You guys want a lift?" Jimmy offered. The boy shook their heads, "we gotta get our bus passes signed by the driver." Lip told him, "you find Debs and the boys?"

"Not yet, but we will," said Hollie, "you need anything? Cash? Clothes?" Lip shook his head, "no don't worry about us." He told her pulling her into a hug, "we're fine." He threw a look over his shoulder at Frank as he pulled away from the hug and hugged Fiona, "worry about him."

Ian hugged both of his sisters once more before he and Lip began to walk towards the bus stop.

"Where's my hug?" Frank questioned as they walked away. Lip turned around but Ian kept walking ahead, both holding up a middle finger.

|🚬|

After a few minutes of waiting in an empty office the door opened and in walked Franks lawyer. Frank gawked at her pregnant belly, "Jesus, Lou." He laughed, "when did that happen?"

"It's not mine." Lou replied. She glanced behind Frank at Hollie, Fiona and Jimmy, "who's this?"

Frank gestured to Fiona and Hollie, "my daughters." He then gestured to Jimmy, "and the oldest girlfriend."

"Who's in trouble?"

"DFS snatched my kids," Frank explained, "I need you to get them back."

"Catch?"

"I have no money and no promise of any coming my way anytime soon." Frank admitted. Lou nodded, "okay." She made her way to her chair behind her desk and sat down, "first order of business: you need to get your ass to DFS and file a petition to reinstate custody. You're going to need to dig up that useless wife of yours, Monica," she told him as she unwrapped a snickers, "it's always better to have signatures from two shitty parents instead of one."

"What if we can't find her?" Fiona asked.

Lou shrugged, "find someone that looks like her," she deadpanned, "you're going to need her to take parenting classes. I'm gonna go ahead and get the case file and I will see you at the hearing. In the meantime, no drugs, no booze, no poppy seed bagels. I need your piss clean and your eyes white."

A/N
Short chapter ik. Sorry for the wait.