Chapter 27

Peggy had been staying at the Gallagher house and she had been using Frank as her personal slave which resulted in many disturbing sights such as Frank giving her baths.

Fiona was counting up the money in the squirrel fund at the kitchen counter while Ian was sitting at the table eating breakfast. Hollie brought Liam downstairs after getting him dressed and put him in his high chair with some breakfast.

When Lip came down for breakfast Ian rolled his eyes and gave him a dirty look.

"You guys still not talking?"

All of a sudden Carl came tumbling out of the garbage shoot that they used for laundry and landed on the kitchen floor with a thump.

"Dude!"

"Carl!"

"What the fuck?"

"Are you insane?"

"Holy crap!" Carl exclaimed as he scrambled to stand up again, "why have I never done that before?"

"You have too much time on your hands," said Fiona.

"Summer school next year," Hollie grabbed the sides of his face and checked him over for injuries, "How's your head?"

"Little dizzy"

"You're fine, not a scratch," she mumbled as Carl had no signs of injury, "one of these days your gonna break a bone or crack your goddamn head open. Get some breakfast,"

"Hey how much we looking at in the winter squirrel fund?" Lip asked.

"Just over nine grand," said Fiona.

"That's all we made to get us through winter?"

"Frank screwed us when he gave Liam away," said Fiona bitterly.

"No surprise there," said Hollie, "then there was that new compressor for the fridge,"

"The stuff for Liams ear infection. Mwah," Lip said as he kissed the top of Liams head.

"Everyone needs to get winter jobs," said Fiona as she walked over to the stairs, "Debs get down here," she yelled up the stairs, "breakfast,"

"I'll be right there!" Debbie yelled down.

Hollie busied herself with tidying up some of the junk around the kitchen as Fiona counted some money out of the winter fund jar. She gave each of the three boys some money for school stuff, "school supplies and clothing. Nothing else." She said firmly, "no candy, drugs beer or concert tickets. I want receipts."

"What if the drugs are really good?" said Jasmine as she stepped out of the toilet.

Hollie furrowed her brows. when did she get here?

"You're still here?" Fiona questioned.

"Got caught up reading a magazine," Jasmine held up a magazine in her hand which Debbie snatched when she came down the stairs, "hey that's mine," she snapped as she sat down at the table.

"Debs I need you to find the backpacks and any old school books," said Fiona, "Carl put the daycare supplies in the basement,"

"Okay,"

"Roger that,"

"Lip, you and Ian clean the pool," said Hollie, "I think there's a few surprises in there for you,"

Ian turned to Carl, "Carl tell Lip to do it himself," Hollie rolled her eyes at her brothers immaturity.

"Lip, Ian says you can do it yourself," said Carl, facing Lip.