Chapter 18

"Stop downloading porn," said Fiona as she walked into the boys' room with Debbie.

"Oops busted," said Lip dryly. He was sitting under his high sleeper bed on the laptop while Ian was lying on his back on his bed, throwing a ball up in the air and catching it again.

"I need a sweater," said Fiona as she moved to look through their closet.

"Help yourself,"

"What is everybody doing in here?" Hollie asked she walked into the room and leaned against the doorframe, her hair was wet and she had a towel wrapped around her. She had just come out of the shower when she noticed the gathering of people in the boys' room.

"Finding a decent outfit for Fiona," said Debbie as they looked through the boys' clothes.

Hollie nodded, "you can see if any of my clothes leak your fancy," she said.

"We're looking for homeboys dad," said Lip.

"He's looking for homeboy's dad," Ian corrected.

"Jesus there are a lot of Gallaghers," said Lip as he scrolled through something on the laptop, "hey, Fiona, Hollie, do you know any of uh franks brothers' names?"

Hollie shrugged. "Shit. I have no idea. Oh, I think one of them is Wendell or something." said Fiona.

"Suppose I could just start calling them all," lip muttered.

"Why do you care anyway?"

"He just wishes it was him that wasn't Franks kid," said Ian.

"Plus, you know, if we find Ian's real dad maybe he'll give us some cash or we could report his name to the state and collect extra child support," Lip suggested.

"Then I'd have to hang out with the dude," Ian groaned.

"He might be cool,"

"Heh, Frank's brother?" Hollie laughed wryly. Lip shrugged, "gotta be better than Frank," he said, "right? I mean maybe he has a job, or he's sober, or he likes kids."

"Doubt it,"

"Oh, how about this one Debs?" Fiona asked as she held a black and grey sweater up to herself. Debbie sighed, "it'll have to do. Now go. come on." She pulled Fiona out of the room.

Hollie turned to leave so she could get dressed but she stopped and stuck her head back into the boys' room, "Take the bus out to see Grammy," she said, the boys both looked at her confused, "she'll know where the brothers are," she informed them before leaving to get ready for work.

|🚬|

Later that day, Fiona came into the alibi with one of the moms, Jasmine, whom she'd met at Debbie's PTA thing that she'd made her go to.

"So what we're you guys, like five or six years behind me in school?" Jasmine questioned as she and Fiona played a game of pool.

"Uh, Fiona eight, me nine, I think," said Hollie as she leaned against the bar, she looked at Fiona who nodded.

"Jesus, I'm an old lady,"

Fiona nodded, "yeah, I was thinking the same thing," she said.

"Uh, an old lady who can do this," jasmine flexed her arm to show her biceps.

"Damn,"

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded, "I told Hal if he wanted another kid he had to get me a 24-hour fitness membership." Hollie walked back around the bar and started cleaning the glasses that Kate had collected, "it's bad enough my cookie box is all stretched out," jasmine continued.