Chapter 22

"It's over," Frank grumbled, he'd come into the alibi and just finished telling them that Sheila had made a lot of progress with leaving the house and she was 'ready to conquer the world' and be a part of the economy etc again.

"I always thought agoraphobia was permanent like autism or AIDS," said Kev.

"She'll be out in the world, she'll go back to work, she'll learn the truth," said Frank.

"That you're a raging alcoholic?" said Hollie.

"Who owes money to everyone?" said Kate.

"Who's had sex with her daughter?" said Kev.

"It's not sex if you can't remember it," Frank denied. Hollie Kate and Kev laughed, "then youre a virgin Frank," said Kev.

"Your seven kids must be some sort of miracle, like Jesus," Hollie joked.

"I'm gonna be out on my butt in weeks," Frank grumbled miserably.

"Nothing new then?" said Hollie.

"Why don't you just live at your your real home with your real family," asked Kate. Hollie scoffed, "he's not welcome,"

"I don't like them," said Frank, "and they don't like me,"

"Frank squatted at my place for six months," said Tommy, "I finally bought tear gas. Smoked him out,"

"I have myself crabs to get him out of my place," said Kate. "It wasn't the crabs it was your empty fridge," said Kev making them laugh.

"Laugh, laugh. If laughing at me is good for your self-worth, laugh on. My gift,"

"Kev," Antoine, the guy who delivered meals to people who were sick, walked into the alibi and sat down a couple of stools down from Frank. "Yo, Antoine," Kev greeted.

"Hurt me with some rum," he said.

"Delivering meals on drunk wheels again?" asked Kev.

"Only one delivery left," said Antoine.

"Go do it and come back,"

"My last delivery is to Dottie Coronis," said Antoine, "I can walk there from here,"

"What's wrong with butterface?" asked Kev. Hollie lightly smacked his arm, "don't call her that,"

"I haven't seen her in a while," said Kev, "why is she pretending to be sick?"

"She's hiding her face from children till Halloween," said Frank.

"God gave her one hell of a rack and legs to die for though," said Tommy.

"But her face!" Echoed Frank, Tommy, Kev and a few other people who'd been listening in.

"You're all going to hell," said Kate.

"Was that not obvious before?" said Hollie.

"What's wrong with butterface?"

"She had chronic indigestion," said Antoine.

"From her steady diet of bourbon and dick," Frank interrupted.

"She got it checked. Discovered she had a bunch of heart attacks," Antoine informed them, "her heart muscle is toast. Months to live unless she gets a new one,"

"Shit, all those years of paying into a city pension and no one left to collect," Kev gave Antoine his drink. Hollie frowned when Frank abruptly stood up and began to walk out of the bar, "where are you going?"

"Frank?"

|🚬|

Later that day Hollie was getting ready for her shift at the nightclub. She brushed through her hair and tied half of it up leaving the rest to fall down her back before grabbing her medium silver hoop earrings and putting them in.