Chapter 16

Nick and Hollie walked hand in hand along the damp sand, there was a slight breeze and the moon was reflecting off of the water. Hollie was slightly tipsy, unlike Nick who was driving. She had her black strappy heels in her hand since she'd taken them off so that they didn't sink into the sand as she walked.

"You think your dad will ever stop hating me?" Nick questioned, swinging their conjoined hands slightly.

Hollie laughed wryly, "there's a better chance of him getting sober," she said, "and not for money,"

"What's his problem with me anyway?"

Hollie shrugged. "No idea. He doesn't like Steve either so I wouldn't take it personally," she said, "he's a rambling drunk,"

Nick chuckled, "yeah, okay."

"Why'd you want to go out tonight?" she asked. Nick stopped walking and turned her so that they were facing each other, "what, I need a reason to take my girl out now do I?" He asked as he placed his hands on her hips.

Hollie shook her head, "no," she said as she wrapped her arms loosely around his neck, "we just never go out. Normally we just hang out at my place,"

"Yeah, well I felt like we could use a change of pace," he said leaning in and placing a soft kiss on her lips, "you look beautiful, by the way," he said running his hands along the sides of her navy blue dress, "this dress is very sexy," he said.

"Glad you like it," she whispered as she pulled him down slightly to reconnect their lips.

|🚬|

Hollie returned home the next morning and almost hit Steve with the front door as he was crouched down in front of it talking to Debbie.

"Truth? I'm in the CIA and this is all just a cover," he whispered to Debbie as Hollie squeezed past them into the house. "Hollie," he nodded as he stood up again and left through the front door.

Hollie furrowed her brows slightly before sighing and shaking her head, walking into the living room and taking off her heels.

Fiona peered into the living room, "hey Hollie, walk of shame?" She asked slyly. Hollie rolled her eyes as she walked into the kitchen. "You know it," she said dryly as she made herself a slice of toast. 

She kissed Liam's head before heading up the stairs, "I'm going to bed for a bit before work, if you need me let me know," she told Fiona as she walked up the stairs eating her toast.

She finished her toast by the time she got to her room, she put her shoes on the floor beside her dresser before taking her jewellery off and putting them in the little basket on top of her dresser.

She exchanged her blue dress and black thin cardigan for one of Nick's t-shirts that he'd left at her house before climbing into bed.

|🚬|

"She opened an ING Direct savings account," said Hollie as she leaned against the doorway of Liam and Debbie's room.

Fiona was changing Liam and Lip had just tipped Debbie's savings tin, which she kept hidden in her dollhouse, out onto her bed but it was empty save for a few coins.

"Yeah, she hadn't kept any large bills in there for months." Said Fiona as she finished changing Liam, "believe me, I've looked,"

Lip shifted his gaze to his older sisters, "either of you knows where she is?" He asked.

"Not a clue," Hollie shrugged.

"No idea. How much you need?" asked Fiona.

"Gotta buy concert tickets," Lip grumbled.