Chapter 31

Monica had yet to split, Lip was still living with Jimmy and Terry Milkovich was terrorising Ian because Mandy was pregnant.

When Hollie rolled out of bed for breakfast she noticed that the kids were all moping around like they hadn't had a second of sleep for a week.

"Morning zombies," she greeted.

"The house could use a spring clean," said Monica as she looked around.

"It's November," said Fiona.

Hollie was about to walk over to the clean laundry to find something to wear for the day but immediately rushed into the bathroom and pulled in the toilet as she was hit with a wave of nausea.

When she stepped back out Fiona was grinning at her, "karma bitch,"

Hollie flipped her off as she started to search for something to wear for work.

"Debbie can you get your father up?" said Monica, "he's out in the alley by the Chopiaks' garbage cans. Help him to bed."

"Ian left for work early. Did you hear? I kicked Terry Milkovich's ass," Monica boasted as she took the dirty plates to the sink.

"Not the first time someone's come in here fists first," said Fiona.

"Probably won't be the last either," Hollie hummed as she changed her shirt.

"Fi, Why don't you go for a run?" Monica suggested, "when's the last time you did that?"

"I've got too much to do," Fiona dismissed.

"Like?"

"Uh, make lunches, get Liam dressed, take him for his check-up," Fiona listed.

Hollie walked over to the table and shook Carl's shoulder as he had fallen asleep, "did you even sleep at all last night? Jeez,"

"I made lunches already," said Monica, "I'm here it doesn't all have to fall on you guys. I'm doing better I promise,"

While Monica tried to convince Fiona to step back and go for a run, Hollie made herself some toast before heading back upstairs to find some pants that were clean.

|🚬|

Later that day Veronica came over to the Gallagher house with some box wine, "need to get shit-faced. Don't wanna do it alone," she said shortly. 

"I'll pour, you talk," said Fiona.

"I'll get the cups," said Veronica.

Fiona's phone started to ring so she handed the laundry basket to Hollie while she answered, "what do you want?...what date?" A few seconds later she hung up the phone.

"Jimmy?" Hollie asked as she moved the wet clothes into the dryer.

"Yeah," Fiona sighed.

|🚬|

They went out onto the porch and Veronica told Fiona and Hollie that the doctor at the clinic said that she may not be able to get pregnant. Hollie could tell she was pretty upset about it despite acting like she wasn't.

Fiona and Veronica had drunk halfway through the box of wine and to change the subject Fiona told them about what Meg had told her earlier.

"On top of managing the upstairs bar, I could've got my own night to promote?" Fiona told them, recounting what Meg said.

"Why are we talking about a job you didn't get?" Veronica asked.

"I really wanted it,"

"Don't spend time thinking about things you can't have," said V as she poured herself more wine.