Chapter 14

"What is this meeting tonight?" Fiona asked as she came down the stairs, where Hollie and Veronica were, "you join sex addicts anonymous or something?"

"It's with a social worker." Veronica said, "we're getting a foster kid."

"Thought you didn't want kids," Fiona said as she emptied the washer.

"Three eighty-four a month," said Veronica.

"You ready for it? It's lots of work." Hollie said.

"Kev really wants a kid." Veronica shrugged, "I convinced him to rent before we own."

Fiona took the laundry over to the kitchen table, "Can't take Frank off my hands while you're at it?"

"He really order 12 bottles of icy under carls name?" Veronica asked.

Hollie started to help Fiona fold the clean laundry, "claimed he was a terminal cancer patient." She scoffed.

"He's got Debbie buying handguns." Said Fiona, "Christ, it's enough he screwed up his own life. Leave us the hell out of it."

"Girl, you need to unwind," Veronica said.

"You sound like Steve," Fiona sighed in frustration.

"He may look like he's in a boy band, but he's got a point." Veronica shrugged.

"This is my side over here. This is where you're supposed to be." Fiona complained.

"Just go."

"You don't think I want to?" Fiona snapped, "a night in a fancy hotel? You don't think I'd love to jump at that? I don't have a choice. I don't get to just go."

"Don't be stupid," Veronica said.

"You have a choice your just making the wrong one." Hollie told her sister, "everybody will be in one piece when you get back. You have a choice so go."

"Order some room service, take a bath, fuck with the curtains open," Veronica suggested, she picked up her bag and coat and exited through the back door leaving Fiona and Hollie in their kitchen.

"Seriously fi, just go." Hollie said, "I can handle them on my own."

|🚬|

Fiona had gone to the hotel after further convincing from Hollie and Nick would come over to the house after he had finished work.

Lip, Debbie, Carl, and Hollie were all sitting around the dining table eating dinner when Frank walked into the kitchen all bloodied up like he had been beaten.

"What happened to you?" Lip asked.

"Uh, huge guy jumped me." Frank said, probably exaggerating, "two eighty 290 steroids...who knows?"

Hollie nodded, "good for him."

"I need your help," Frank told them.

"I got maybe 2 bucks," Debbie said.

"No, no, no. Show of hands how many of you, at one point or another, wanted to see me dead?" Frank asked and the four of them immediately raised their hands. "Yeah. Here's your chance." Frank explained to them that he needed to fake his death and that he needed their help.

|🚬|

"Got nothing, you?" Lip asked. Lip, Hollie and Kevin were at a lot checking funeral cars for caskets.

"Empty," Kevin said.

Hollie stood up straight from crouching to see into the car, "Nope nothing."

"Hey, I gotta leave in five minutes," Kevin told them.