| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 |

Most people think of murder in the same way that the killing is deliberate and premeditated.

Some people say murder is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human with malice aforethought.

But to me, when I hear of a murder, what immediately comes into my mind is, 'What fueled this person to kill someone?'

I do not immediately judge them. I first try to gather more facts and read up on details and try to build a profile for the murderer. I then try to see if they have any psychiatric history, or a traumatic past. It is not my place to judge someone, when every one of us in society are criminals for enforcing a society that pushes people to crimes like murder or even rape because no normal person can act like that.

The reason most of us think murder is a bad thing is because we have various values where murder is considered the worst.

But there are situations in life where people can get so utterly trapped that the only way out is to commit the irreparable. I'm not saying it is a good thing, but I'm saying it is a quite different situation. And I may have understanding, even compassion in such cases.

But I actually think there are many things worse than murder. And I think there are people who deserve to be 'terminated' because they're doing some of these bad things.

Drug dealers and child molesters are on that my list. Even Mafia Lords or Queens and that bring me down to my current case.

These people commit different offences from murder, extortion, corruption of public officials, gambling, infiltration of legitimate businesses, to labor racketeering, loan sharking, tax fraud schemes and stock manipulation schemes. What they mostly care about is money!

And it's my job to bring them to justice, not to just sit around and let them have their way everytime.

Different memories flood my mind as I took a sip of my fourth coffee that night. My office lamp was the only light that was illuminating the darkness in all of the office. I've been working head on on Arianna's case. From looking for clues on where their base is located to any company they own secretly and are covering up.

"Fuck!" I sigh as I gulp down the coffee. Different files and folders were sprawled out on my desk making the whole room a mess. I've been working on this case for 13 fucking hours straight and I've still got nothing.

"Think Mateo! Think!" I bit the tip of my pen as I looked at the pictures they could get of her. All I know is that she has dark hair and eyes with the color of honey. She has an amazing shape and she mostly wears an hat whenever she's out killing.