𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I smile when I hear the little feet pats on the floor

Keeping the guns I was stacking back into the drawer, I sit at the edge of the table with open arms, ready for him to come crashing into them.

"DADAAAAA." He screams when he rounds the corner and sees me, running straight into my open arms and I sweep him off his feet.

"Hey buddy," I ruffle his hair and he giggles, big brown hazel eyes look up at me and I melt. Like always. I always do. I love my son's bright innocent eyes, reminds me of my mum's.

"Mama?" he asks, tilting his head sideways asking about his mum and I shake my head glancing at my watch.

She should be here any minute now but I can't find her anywhere.

"Mama's on her way love," I set him on the table and I pull my chair closer to him. "Have you eaten?"

He nods, playing with the purple dinosaur in his hands while I watch him.

He looks like the mini version of both Arianna and I but I'd like to say he looks more of Arianna than me.
He has her dark brown wavy hair and her eyes, eyes that when they stare too much you feel they're staring deep in your soul.

Only thing I know he took from me was the naturally tanned skin, and my incredible pointed nose of course.

"Angelo," I call out his name and he looks down at me, eyes firm on mine. "Do you miss your mum?"

"Yes dada...but mama said she's coming home soon."

"Oh did she?" I frown, checking my wristwatch again. "and how did you speak with her darling?"

"On a cellphone."

"Whose?"

"Olela."

I smile, knowing if Angelo used Ophelia's phone it was without her permission.

"And did you ask her before using it?"

His eyes leaves mine, looking at his dinosaur. "No dada, I know Olela won't give it to me and I can't find Sio anywhere."

"It's Ophelia–"

"But it's so hard to pronounce." he whines and I laugh.

He sure is stubborn for a six year old boy.

"And it's also isn't Sio. It's Alessio."

He nods, making a weird face and I already know what he wants to do. Roll his eyes.

"Angelo..." I sit up holding his hands in mine. "What do you want to do for boys night?"

His face lights up immediately he hears the words that came out of my mouth.

"I want to play games, drink juice, watch sports and may–"

"ANGELO!!!"

He flinches, jumping into my arms and I roll my eyes, ready for their constant bickering.