𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

🔥

I watch as Mateo pace the room with our grown son in his arms

I watch as Mateo pace the room with our grown son in his arms. Inked muscular veiny arms glistening in the light and the water Angelo poured on him while playing.

"You can drop him," I say, sitting up on the couch while looking around the living room that was scattered with toys.

Living room that was always littered with bullets and guns was replaced with plushies, toy cars and tea cups. With two children living in the house, we've gotten used to painfully stepping on a toy immediately we step in the living room. Both Vera's child, Susan and Angelo is the worst combination ever. The chaos they cause is unbelievable.

Gathering the toys and placing them all in a bag, I set them in a corner of the living room. Turning around to see my own little personal family, I felt so content.

"No it's fine," he whispers, bringing Angelo closer to his chest, inhaling his scent. "I don't mind him being in my arms all night long."

I smile, wrapping my arms around myself as I continue to watch two of my favorite people on earth.

My eyes move to my husband and my heart flutters.

Husband. My husband. Even after seven years of marriage, I still get butterflies like it's the first time we met, we started off on the wrong foot but look at us helplessly in love.

Pulling my clothes tighter around my body, I shiver looking up at the time.

10:25pm.

No wonder it's so chilly, and I still don't understand why my husband doesn't feel it and still wear loose clothes.

Husband. I giggle and Mateo arch a brow at me in amusement and curiosity while I shrug him off with a playful smirk on my face.

I walk to the kitchen, seeing the half eaten birthday cake on the counter, events of the day starts playing in my head and I smile again.

All of us surprising Mateo first thing in the morning with a cake, then the presentation of gifts from everyone, even my baby Angelo and tiny Susan had a gift for him.

I've been smiling a lot ever since Mateo came into my life and if my past self saw my new self, I bet she'd be proud. So proud.

I drag my shirt's sleeve up high on my arm and begin cleaning the kitchen. I stack the dirty plates into the dishwasher and head to take care of the cake. I cut a slice first, then packaged the rest into the refrigerator. Knowing that'd surely be the first thing Angelo would ask for when we wakes up in the morning.

Humming a song while I dry off the plates, a thought crossed my mind and I halt. It's dangerous but I like where it's headed so I hurry with the dishes. Stuffing my face with the slice of cake, I eye the entrance to see if Mateo was coming or not.

Grabbing the bottle of honey, I walk back into the living room, seeing Teo in the same spot I left him in, our son still in his arms while he sings a lullaby.