| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 |

I watch as she hurriedly unties him before jumping on him, wrapping her hands around his neck while he holds her like he's been waiting for this moment all his life

"Oh God, I never knew you made it out alive." She runs her hands over his bare chest as if she's checking to see any scars or injuries and I couldn't shake off the nauseous-like feeling that washed over me. I've just met him for a short while, and for some strange reason, there has always been a lingering feeling of connection.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything to help." He grabs her face, squishing her face together like she's his younger sister, before placing wet kisses all over her face.

I was starting to feel uncomfortable so I tap my feet on the floor to get their attention and everyone in the room stood straight even Mateo.

"Mr Mateo, let's discuss business."

···

They kept exchanging glances and they even held hands.

Outrageous.

"I need your undivided attention here Mateo." I glare at him and he smirks as if he knows I'm affected by all what's happening.

"So guys, this is Mateo Rodriguez as we know." I look at the people in the room and I smiled. If it's possible they'd murder me when they find out my plan.

"Yeah, the man that killed few of our men and made six guards be in the hospital in critical condition? of course we know, but what we don't know is why the fuck you still allow him stay alive and walk around like he owns the place." Adrian, my second favorite out of the group, glare at Mateo as he sat down placing his leg on the table with a smug look on his face.

"Well he's here to help with the Wolve's case." I stand firm as they all broke into a chatter, even Vera left his side to ask me questions.

"are you fucking serious now?"

"is this a joke?"

"let's just kill him!"

"Silence!" All of them moved back but salvatore strutter out from a corner, heading to me like a bull charging.

"che cazzo stai dicendo?" He asks me in italian and I just shrug. They all know how we need him for information deep down if we're ever going to solve the case.
[ translation: what the fuck are you saying? ]

"sai quanto abbiamo bisogno di gestire questo caso, sai che abbiamo bisogno di lui."  I turn to look at every single one of them, they all weren't Italian but I made it compulsory they learnt it if they need to work for me. They all looked at each other unsure of whatever is going on.
[ translation: you know how bad we need to handle this case, you KNOW we need him. ]

"perché ti fidi di lui??"  Adrian asks the question that has been on my mind since I made the deal with Mateo but I couldn't bring myself to answer it because I don't know the answer myself.
[ translation: why do you even trust him? ]

Ignoring the question, I walk to my desk looking through different folders until I came across the one I was looking for. The room was silent as they were all waiting for what I wanted to say next, the only distracting sound was the crunching sound Mateo was making as he stuffs his face with cookies.

"I own the Italian-American Mafia. You can say it's the most fearful Mafia in the continent." I sat on the desk facing the group while they all stood proud knowing they were part of it all. "And you," I point to Mateo as he freezes midway putting a cookie in his mouth. "you've been the best detective for years. You know things the White House would pay millions to hear. You've handled cases that screams danger like it was child's play. You know the in and out of the federal police and now, you're working for me as my own—"

"Ari ari, I think you made a mistake there. I don't work for you," I frown, irritated that he cut me off. "I'm working with you. I'm your partner, not your pawn like the rest of them." Adrian and the rest glare at him and I stifle a giggle from slipping from my lips.

“Okay, we get that we need him just for information but the cops are on his tail, how are we sure he won't turn in on us?” Redd, the quiet one in the group asks, flipping a blade on one hand and running his hand through the scar that runs from one of his eyes to his chin.

“I won't, trust me on that one.” It was clear as day that a knife can slice through the tension in the room. "Now loosen up and let's talk business. What do you have on the Wolves?" He asks heading to my desk facing everyone.

Vera runs to a laptop on the side, turning it on and the projector displays different pictures, locations, and information. "We have informations on all their men, their casinos, illegal drug distributions, and the human trafficking." She opens up a picture of a young man and we all groan leaving Mateo confused. "This is Johnson Rivers. The one in charge of children and women trafficking. He's the first person we can get in touch with now."

Mateo smiles and I know it's not a smile of joy or happiness, it's a smile that screams danger.
“Why haven't you gotten a hold of him yet?”

"He always finds a way to get out of our hands, every single time and besides that's not who we want, we need to get the leader. But no one has ever seen him/her ever." Vera explains playing with the remote.

"Are you sure y'all are the most fearful Mafia in the continent?" Mateo raises an eyebrow, directing the question to me.

"Yes but I don't—" I continue to say but the sexy greek God stops me.

"Are y'all not seeing what I'm seeing??" He exclaims happily and I felt something move in me. "If you want to get a hold of the leader, follow the fucking breadcrumbs!"

···

𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫. 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭—𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞<𝟑