| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 |

I shift in the bed when I felt an arm drape around my waist under the covers

I shift in the bed when I felt an arm drape around my waist under the covers. The covers was covering all the necessary places since I was naked underneath. The owner of the arm let its fingers roam around my curves and I bit my lips in pleasure.

"Why aren't you asleep baby?" Salvatore asks pulling me to his chest before resting his chin on my head while he tangles our legs beneath the covers.

My back was pressed to his chest making my ass be on his lower abdomen. I stifle a giggle when he continues to shift away from my ass and at the same time have me close to him.

"Nothing. You know my sleeping difficulties." I respond playing with his fingers.

Ever since I had my first kill-more like forced to kill-when I was 8 years old, I couldn't get any sleep without any nightmare for days. My mother thought it would end after weeks but it continued on-days turned into weeks, weeks into months, months into years-to the extent where I barely get a wink of sleep without having any nightmare. The only time I know I can sleep well was when I was completely wasted and drunk or after a mind-blowing sex which happens rarely.

He sighs and I felt his fingers caress my sides. Salvatore has always been the caring one out of both of us-the affectionate and emotional one, always the one making the best decisions, always the one fixing my mistake, always the one making sure everything is nice and perfect. Ever since we were kids, he's been the one always caring for me and watching out for me because well, I can be clumsy as fuck.

Glancing at the clock, I groan raising the covers over my head already stressed out by what I'd do today. Can't I just have a good time for just a day?

"Get up you lazy ass!" Salvatore snaps, dragging the covers away from my exposed body.

"Leave me alone. I gotta recharge!" I whine as he scoops me off the bed to the bathroom.

"I thought you recharge through eating? Now it's by sleeping?" He teased, placing me in the bath tub and adding some soap while I relax in it, letting the cold water soothe my sore body.

"Yes. I recharge through eating and sleeping." I open one of my eyes and stick my tongue out to him playfully. "Also maybe by killing bad people."

"You know we're also bad people right?" He asks, washing my body and letting his fingers tease my sides.

"Yes, I know. But you have to admit that we- I - barely kill innocent people." I think back to all the people I've killed knowing I was- I am - doing the right thing.

"But we still do bad things apart from just killing, you know."

"What's with all this questions? You're considering leaving?" I ask sitting up and staring at him with a glare I know intimidates everyone, even him.