| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 |

I do not like this

I do not like this.

Mateo doesn't let me lift a finger, do any work or even train and the others were already getting suspicious. Suspicious in the sense that something's wrong because Mateo's being a dickhead about not telling them yet. He wants to tell them when there isn't any enemies or danger lurking around anymore.

"Mateo please," I plead but he acts like I'm not on planet Earth. "Stop being a baby about this."

"No," His voice was cold and I sink further into the bed. "you're not doing it and whatever I say is final."

"But–"

"Arianna drop it," he looks at me sternly but I scoff. "I said what I said and that's it."

I groan, throwing a pillow at him which he dodges skillfully. He wasn't even looking! I hate how perfect this man gets.

He walks to the windows, pulling the heavy curtains like it's nothing, dimming the light in the room leaving only the candlelight reflect in the house.

I love candles. They give a sense of peace and quietness and I love that. Mateo didn't argue or differ when I told him I wanted to change the lamps in our room to candles, he just ordered someone to go get it, replacing every single one himself. Sometimes he's just like a good obedient boy. Like a puppy. So sometimes I just want to snuggle with him and ruffle his hair.

"I love you Mateo." I blurt out and Mateo freezes mid-step lighting a candle.

Even I was shocked with my sudden confession but it feels good to finally say it back to him.

"What did you say?" he asks standing straight, looking down at me on the bed and I straighten my back, feeling more confident to say it again.

"I love you Mateo."

And he tackles me on the bed. Placing wet and firm kisses all over my face while I just giggle like a schoolgirl.

"Iloveyou, Iloveyou, Iloveyou..." he murmurs, hugging me close to his chest while I smile.

"You're being so happy and cute now."

"Only for you my queen." he smiles and we both sigh, enjoying each other's comfort.

"Mateo..." I call him and he places my head on his arm, raising his head to look at me.

"Yes sweetheart."

"Do you think I'd do a good job...?"

"With what?" he caresses my face, rubbing soothing circles on my cheek.

"..you know. Being a good mother...?" I ask and his eyes soften. "Do you think I'd be able to raise him or her right?"

"Yes sweetheart. I can see it already, I can see you being the best mother there is, I can see you playing tag with our son, I can see you binge watching cartoon series with our kids. I see you having tea parties with our daughters." He wipes the tears I didn't even know were falling away from the corner of my eyes.