| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 |

Grumbling and angry about the plan Salvatore came up with, I looked at the dress arranged on my bed along side the undergarments but what caught my eye was the veil placed beside all the clothing

I have to hide my identity despite exposing everything else. How does this even make any sense?

"C'mon is this the best Salvatore can come up with?" I ask into thin air and just the saying applies, speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Yes actually, that's the best I could come up with. You know you're the only one capable of this task." He says entering my room and closing the door lightly before wrapping his bulgy arms around my neck and resting his chin on my head.

Turning my head to the side and looking at him with scorn, I was mentally calculating the odds, weighing the options, going over possible outcomes, the probability of what'd happen and risks we're taking in going to the Lion's den that I didn't notice Salvatore kissing up my neck.

"We have work to do Salv, now isn't the time." I warn, slipping out of his arms and ignoring the flash of sadness that cross his face.

"You rarely have my time these days." He argues, following me into my small dressing room.

Living with mostly grown up scary men always makes me happy I have a tiny compartment just for myself. I mostly don't care if they come in on me dressing but I just need a space to clear my head and cry whenever my memories hunt me down.

"Well that's because I've been busy." And someone else has been on my mind. "Besides, I don't think you need me anymore Salv, you have tons of girls waiting at your fe-"

"Yeah right. Like you don't have guys waiting for you too." I scoff, unbuttoning my shirt and pulling it off.

"The only guys ready and waiting for me are the guards and my men. No strings attached to those sets of dudes. None of them have any feelings for me, romantic feelings I mean."

He sighs, his lips - pink and full and luscious to the taste - became a thin line. How many girls has that mouth opened? How many girls has he groaned for with those lips? How many girls has he licked with that lips and tongue of his?

I wasn't jealous. I was disgusted. Disgusted with myself. Disgusted that I just let him have sex with me anytime he pleases just so I can relieve myself through it as I have no other thing to hide to.

Disgusted that he gets to fuck other girls and I just sit still and watch. Disgusted that I have no other shelter to run to than the mind-blowing sex I rarely get.

"Can you leave? I'm about to change." I eye him, completely irritated with everything.

"What's wrong Arianna?" He asks, his bright blue eyes danced with worry. "You never ask me to leave when you're dressing."

"Nothing's wrong. Just leave." I order, reaching for the clothes I was assigned to wear.

"As you wish ma'am." He walks out of the room with his head hung low and I breathe out the air I didn't know I was holding in.