| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱 |

Few months later

Few months later.

I kneel at the headstone, staring at the name blankly as I trace it with my fingers.

I promised myself I'd just come to greet her and go back but seeing her name made memories wash in.

"Hey," I sit on the floor in front of her headstone. "it's been a while."

I look up at the sky, I find myself doing a lot of that nowadays. "I know I'm a jerk for not coming to see you all this while but I'm sorry...I couldn't just face you...face what happened." I still can't, but that's what kept me going, made me who I am today.

The gentle breeze is so soothing I felt my eyes start to close. I also haven't been getting a lot of sleep these days.

"You can hate me for all you want but I just want you to know that I love you and I always will and nothing or no one can change that."

The cemetery was quiet, only the sound of the man mowing the yard could be heard.

Silence again. The silence was starting to wrap around me like a second layer of skin, like the warmth of a blanket.

I miss her so much. It's a shame she was with someone like that else, she'd still be alive now.

The click of heels hit the pavement and I roll my eyes jokingly.

"Which part of stay in the car till I get back did you not understand?"

She laughs with her hand on her belly. It's already an habit for her to caress her stomach every single time she gets.

"It was getting so stuffy and choky for me," She finally stands behind me, with soft eyes on the headstone. "and we wanted to see grandma."

I turn to look at her, her beauty never ceases to amaze me.

Her hair was already cropped short and straight, she's also gained weight in addition to her protruding belly. Her skin was even glowing which she doesn't believe whenever I tell her.

"Hey ma," She rests on my shoulder, easing to her knees. "It's Arianna, your son's baby mama."

I scoff, rolling my eyes again. "Girl, you're my wife not just my baby mama."

"I beg to differ but until I see a ring on this finger," She raises her left hand, shoving her finger into my face. "I won't accept I'm your wife."

"Arianna," My head hurts, it's throbbing so bad. "We'd talk about this later."

She scoots away from me, frowning and crossing her arms over her chest. "See mum, this is how he acts everytime, he says later but that doesn't come."

"Ari–"

"Just marry her already." A soft gravel-like voice comments from behind us and Arianna face lights up.

"See, she supports me." Arianna taps my shoulder, lifting her nose up before smiling to the elderly woman standing behind us.