| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 |

The side eye everyone gave me made me grin harder

As I walk to the elevator, I see some men running to catch up with me, only the elevator door closes immediately they get to it.

Look at them trying to stop me.

I grip my briefcase harder as I step into twentieth floor.

Breathe in and out Mateo. Keep your shoulders high. You're Mateo Rodriquez.

Everyone stood up immediately they saw me walk in, some gripped their guns, while others stepped back in fear. It's understandable though, it's been almost a year I got sent out and declared wanted.

"Hey guys," I yell, laughing when all of their eyes widen. "It's been a while hasn't it? Is my office still vacant?"

"Mateo," John said fearfully and I smile at the small man. "You know your stand in the outer world, you know yo–"

"Oh John John John, how I missed your nagging." i exclaim, pulling him in a bear hug while he froze in my hands.

I release him, tapping his back, knowing fully well he felt the guns in my suit's jacket. "Is the chief in his office?"

"Why do you want to know that?"

I knew he was going to be lurking around. I knew he still hadn't changed since the moment I saw him and broke his nose. Well seems like I'm breaking it again.

"Well well well," I turn around dramatically, facing the person who once meant the world to me. "If it isn't my best friend named Thomas."

"What do you want?" He asks, stretching his hand to flex the gun he has with him.

"Oh come on," I spread my arms, laughing mockingly. "don't you think we're past that stage? and I remember you really not knowing how to handle guns well."

Everywhere was silent. Everyone not knowing what the other can or would do.

"Mateo," He starts calmly and I know him too well enough to know that he's affected. "I think it's best you leave."

"What if I don't want to?" I ask, raising a bored brow and sitting at the closet seat. "Going to report me to the Wolves?"

I for sure did not miss the gasps people watching released. Guess it was a secretive thing.

"Oops, was that meant to be a secret?"

Thomas's face hardens and I smile. My plan's going well.

"be safe."

Those two words ring in my ear. The way she held my hands, staring into my eyes intensely but softly, speaking to me silently.

"One thing you should know is that," I take small steps towards him and I could see his guard rise. "I know everything going on in here."