Seventy Four

THE GOOD ONES

It was a usual day in the year 2020, the squad sat around the bullpen, all pared with their masks, gloves, and antiseptic wipes

It was a usual day in the year 2020, the squad sat around the bullpen, all pared with their masks, gloves, and antiseptic wipes. Terry was briefing a few squad members on their recent cases, meanwhile, Scully and Hitchcock were in the kitchen making their lunch, this time it was burger bowls, whilst Y/N was at her desk waiting for an update, as her wife sat in front was her wife.

"Man, how long does it take to update people on their case, hey," Y/N muttered to herself before looking up at Rosa who is practically art. Kind of like a dainty fairy in a picturesque children's book. The woman thought, instantly calming herself.

"Why are you making weird cute faces at me?" Rosa questioned with a soft smile.

"No reason." Y/N straightened her face, "You have a piece of paper in your hair--" She signaled before her arms retreated to the folded position. "Do you want me to get it out for you?" Y/N lifted her brows, the two gazed at one another, their cheeks both turning into a reddish-pinkish hue. They were in their own little unique universe before being interrupted by Jake and Charles.

"Hello, fellow, friends, and coworkers--" Jake greeted opening his arms, grabbing everyone attention.

"Hey, you guys got a sec?" Rosa declared, walking in the direction of the two boys as Y/N got back to her case.

"Whatever it is can wait, Rosie." Jake cut her off. "You're gonna want to see this. Question: what is the number one problem with the coronavirus?"

Rosa rolled her eyes, "Mass death, economic collapse, the way the disease has exposed the systemic injustice at the core of American life."

"Well, yes, obviously those, but after that, it's how to high-five your friends while staying six feet apart." Jake ignored the key reasons. "But now the world can stop their worrying because we have created the COVID five." The two boys bring up two brooms with blown-up gloves on the ends of them. "With this machine, you can execute any high five your heart desires. There's the classic."

"Slip me some skin." Charles giggles as they slip the gloves together to do an elaborate handshake.

"Sprinkle me. Sprinkle me. Sprinkle. Sprinkle me. Sprinkle." Jake and Charles Jazzed-hands the gloves together. "The Vulcan scissor. That's a bad one." The boys scissor the gloves together.

"Oh, no." Rosa grimaced at the same time Y/N smiled saying, "Oh, wow." The two women then share a glance of confusion before turning back to watching Jake.

"And of course, the need for speed." Jake concludes before the two swing the gloves into each other with a collaborated 'Whoo!'.

"Wow. That was impressively stupid." Rosa scoffed before crossing her arms.