Nineteen

HOUSE MOUSE

The next day, the crew stood in the break room all in a circle formation as they rummaged through a gift basket

"Hey, Gina!" Jake announced grabbing the girls' attention. "We got an anonymous gift basket. Yeah, it's full of treats. It's got meats, cheeses, candies, all the food groups." He points to the nearly demolished basket in front of him as the others continue eating.

"The cheese is amazing. It melts in my mouth and in my hands." Charles furrowed his eyebrows before eating the cheese off his clammy hands.

Gina's eyes narrowed as she watched the seven eat, "Hmm, French chocolates, French cheeses, tiny French pickles. Did none of you detectives think this might be a gift for Captain Holt from someone in France?" She confirmed as the crew stop what they are doing and look to Gina. "Like his husband, par example?"

"What?" Jake laughs through his teeth. "No way. This is a nice present from an unknown, appreciative citizen that wanted us to munch." He states as Gina scrambled through the clear wrapping.

"Hmm, what's this, then?" She opened a white envelope revealing a blue letter with white cursive writing. "'Dear Captain Raymond Holt, thinking of you. Best, Dr. Kevin Cozner, Ph.D'." Gina reads. "He even used their pet names."

Amy's mouth drops, "Oh, no, I ate the chocolate-covered strawberry. That's the most intimate snack of them all." She stressed as she grabbed onto Y/N beside her.

"Holt's gonna be back from his meeting in thirty minutes. What do we do?" Rosa muttered placing her mug on the table.

"We stash the basket and come back for it later." Y/N proposed, pointing to the nearly empty basket in front of them.

Terry snatches the letter from Gina's hands before bringing it up towards his mouth, "Eat the note!"

"No!" Jake yells stopping the man from eating the note. "No. It's okay. We can fix this." He comforted patting the basket.

~

The crew then gathers up as many stationery items as they can find laying around the bullpen then quickly packing it nicely into the basket before rapping it with red cellophane then finishing it with a white bow.

"Check it out, sir. A lovely gift basket that Kevin sent you all the way from Paris." Jake gushed as he walked into Captain office with Holt followed closely behind him.

"Straight from Paris!" Charles blurt out before crossing his arms.

The crew watch in anticipation as Holt unties the bow then pulls down the cellophane revealing the stationary they found, "Stapler, scissors." He sighs before grabbing the rubber bands. "Rubber bands." Captain raised his brows and nods. "That man really knows me."

~

Later, the crew where all sat at their own desk completing their own work as Holt paced into the bullpen, "Attention, squad." He declared grabbing the attention of a few people. "I just received a call. A very important, very high profile celebrity was robbed in our precinct."