Forty Six

THE NEGOTIATION

It was mid-May, about a week after Y/N and Rosa's PDA incident causing everyone to know about their relationship, although they were fine with it, Charles kept on wanting to know everything

It was mid-May, about a week after Y/N and Rosa's PDA incident causing everyone to know about their relationship, although they were fine with it, Charles kept on wanting to know everything. Meanwhile, Terry was at his desk completing his paperwork as Y/N, Rosa, and Jake walked into the bullpen.

"Peralta, there was a botched B & E at a jewelry store on Atlantic that just turned into a hostage situation. They want you to be the negotiator." Terry told the boy who's face lit up.

"Oh, my God, my prayers have finally been answered." Jake's mouth dropped.

"You prayed for a hostage situation?" Rosa asked, looking from Terry to Jake beside her.

"Yes, I did. Every single day."

"I don't understand. Why isn't ESU handling this?" Rosa recalled as she held her coffee.

"Apparently, the hostage-taker asked for Jake by name," Terry explained.

"Oh, yes, it's getting even cooler. Oh, man, I wonder who it is." Jake thought to himself. "Ooh! Maybe it's the brother of someone I put away for life. Ooh! Or the identical twin of someone I put away for life. Ooh! Or the fraternal twin of--" The boy began before being interrupted by Terry.

"Jake! Just get down there! Take Diaz and Y/L/N with you."

"Yep. Yep, yep, yep." Jake blurted out an agreement. "How do I look? It doesn't matter. Let's go negotiate!"

~

The detectives now arrive at the scene, "Hey, everyone, I'm here. I'm Jake Peralta, the negotiator." Jake raised his hands as he walked up to another negotiator.

"Oh, so you're Jake Peralta?"

"The negotiator, yes. Who are you?" Jake asked the middle-aged man.

"Dennis Kole, ESU. This was my crime scene before you bozos got here." Dennis gestured around the lot before retreating his arm to his side.

"Nice to meet you too, Dennis," Rosa said with a straight face.

"I've spent ten years as a negotiator and you just took my first hostage situation. All I've done up till now is talk jumpers off of rooftops." Dennis mentioned in a huff.

"But that must be satisfying in its own way, right?"

"Yeah, really satisfying saving a crazy person's life." Dennis agreed sarcastically. "Whatever. Here's a little advice. I don't like you three."

"Not so much advice as it is a hurtful statement based on limited interaction," Jake said before drawing his teeth over his lower lip.

"Yeah, and I haven't even said anything." Y/N pointed to herself.