Thirty One

THE LAST RIDE

The squad sat in the briefing room, taking their fair share of stressing about what precinct will be closed down as Holt strolled into the room before placing his file on the podium

"Attention, squad." Holt alerted the gathered team before placing on his glasses. "Here's where we stand vis-Ã -vis whether or not the precinct will be shut down." He scans the file in front of him before darting his gaze back up. "The precinct will be shut down."

"What?" Amy's mouth slacked open as people mutter around themselves.

"No! But I thought the official hearing wasn't until tonight. Amy's friend at HQ heard that maybe the Seven-Four was getting shut down instead." Jake recalled.

Gina's squints and tilts her head slightly to the side, "There's no way that's true. Amy doesn't have a friend." She tattled.

"I do so!" Amy wiped around swiftly to face Gina seated behind her. "Although, I only see her at work events, and we only talk through email. Oh, God, she's just a colleague." He eyes widened.

"Ames, I called you last night." Y/N pointed out.

"Y/N/N, you called me at 3:00 in the morning just to make sure we were still friends," Amy replied as Holt cleared his throat causing her to turn back around.

"Santiago's work acquaintance is correct." Captain agreed. "Tonight at 7:00 the committee is choosing between us and the Seven-Four, although the Seven-Four has a significant advantage. They house an elite gang task force."

"Well, this is on you, sir." Jake perked up in his seat. "I begged you for a task force, but no, you wouldn't give me funding for Strike-Team Thunder-Kill Alpha, colon, Hard Target." He recited.

"You never told me what it was for."

"It's a strike team that... kills thunder and puts its colon on hard targets." Jake muttered before pursing his lips together.

"They're gonna split us up and send us all to different precincts. This is the last time I'm gonna stand up here and look at you guys." Terry piped up from the front as he glances over the gathered squad in front of him before eying Hitchcock's crouch. "Hitchcock, close your damn legs!" He forced as Hitchcock drops his leg from the table to the ground.

"No! This isn't over yet." Jake stood up before placing his hands on his hips. "Sure, maybe we don't have Strike-Team Thunder-Kill Alpha, colon, Hard Target, but we're the Nine-Nine. We have Rosa and Charles, Gina, Y/N, Amy and Terry, and Carl!" He exclaimed.

"It's Mark." The man corrected.

"Sorry. I was just trying to include someone from outside the inner circle." Jake apologized.

"There's an inner circle?" Mark's face dropped.

"The point is we're not rolling over. We're gonna solve a huge case before the hearing tonight, and then the NYPD cannot shut us down." Jake explained. "So come on, Captain, give me something big and juicy." He points to himself before drawing his teeth over his lower lip. "What do you got?"