Seventy Three

LIGHTS OUT

Another workday meant another morning briefing

Another workday meant another morning briefing. The squad sat in their usual position, Amy about nine months pregnant sat up at the front as she waiting in anticipation for today's news. Behind was Jake and Charles followed by Y/N and Rosa who were talking amongst each other about weekend plans which left Holt who was stood up beside Terry who lead the meeting.

"And those of you patrolling 7th Avenue, please be aware of the new pedal pubs." Terry faced the screen before clicking through a slide show as the squad watched on. "They're bike-powered mobile bars that are very popular with bachelorette parties. But unfortunately, they have led to a dramatic increase in the rarely seen case of female public urination." He stated.

"Resist." Rosa punched the air as Y/N watched her with a soft smile.

"That's everything, but before we go home, but a quick reminder that today is Y/N/N and Rosa's last day before they leave for their honeymoon, and it's also Sergeant Santiago's last day before maternity leave." Holt brought up as the squad applauded. "We'll see Amy in three months." He clapped as Amy nodded.

"Have a nice honeymoon." Hitchcock smirked which made the nearby squad grimace between themselves.

"Amy gets three months off? Can I take a maternity leave?" Scully piped up from the back.

"Are you giving birth to a baby?" Jake asked before turning around to face the man.

"I'm having a seven-pound mass removed from my abdomen next week," Scully answered back as the entire room groaned.

"Yeah, never ask Scully questions. That's on me, guys!" Jake called out as he pointed to himself.

"Dismissed," Terry concluded the meeting as everyone dispersed from the room except for Jake, Amy, Y/N, Charles, and Rosa.

"So, have you guys decided on a name yet?" Charles placed his hands on his hips as he bobbed to the sound of his voice.

"We're not telling people until he's born." Amy shook her head before placing her hand on her belly.

"Oh, is it--"

"Don't guess, Y/N." Jake alerted her. "We all know where that's gonna end.

~

Y/N sat nearby a five months pregnant Amy as she attempted to guess the name, "Is it something in this room?" Y/N questioned looking around the evidence room as Amy was on her MacBook computer.