Thirty Two

COP-CON

Cop Con came with all types of anticipation; the talks, the new equipment, and the party

Cop Con came with all types of anticipation; the talks, the new equipment, and the party. The squad where all gathered around in the bullpen pretending to do work since they were too excited for the upcoming days.

"Oh hello." Jake found Hitchcock asleep on the break room table.

~

After five full minutes of Jake scurrying around in the break room he finally figured out an amazing prank to pull on Hitchcock before returning to the squad, "Guys, guys, guys, check it out. Hitchcock fell asleep in the break room, so I put his hand in a bowl of warm water." He grinned, placing his hands on his hips.

"Come on, man. That's the stupidest prank ever." Rosa pointed out.

"Uh, no, it's the smartest because it involves biology. I bet it worked already. Let's go check." Jake's arms flailed his around as they enter the break room to find Hitchcock face down in the water bowel. "Hitchcock, no!"

"He's drowning, he's drowning!" Scully shouted as he clenched onto the door frame.

"Save him, man!" Terry ordered as Jake ran up to the man and pulled his head out receiving a huge gasp from Hitchcock.

"I take it back, Jake. Great prank." Rosa smiled.

~

Now in the briefing room, the squad where all sat in their spots listening to Holt's daily speech, "Is everyone packed for the 28th annual Tri-State Police Officers Convention? I hear Bill Powell's giving a lecture on advances in appellate court e-filing techniques. Phew, talk about 'can't-miss'." He fiddled with his glasses as he stood behind the podium.

"Yeah, we don't really go for the talks. We're more interested in the extracurriculars." Jake piped up as he propped his elbow up of Charles' seat beside him. "Fart-five." He and Charles high-five and blow raspberries.

"Of course, Rochester has much to offer in that sphere." Holt rolled his eyes. "For instance, it's famed thermometer museum." He raised his brows.

"Thermometer museum? Uh, no thanky. Here's what a-we are all about." Jake gestured around to the squad. "One, free hotel rooms." He clasped his hands together on the table.

"I get to sleep in a bed by myself. No wife, no kids, just Terry starfishing on a Cal King." Terry announced trying to contain his excitement.

"Two, a huge hall full of cool police tech."

"Last year, I got to try out a heat ray." Rosa chimed in, lifting her arms behind her head in a relaxed position.

"Three, the Buffalo P.D. always throws an insane party. Last year, Amy got so drunk, she jumped a police horse into the pool." Jake reminisced.