Thirty Nine

HALLOVEEN

Y/N/N~ your nick name

The squad were sat in the Halloween decorated breakroom in their typical spots, Terry was up at the front beside Y/N as Rosa and Charles were behind them whilst Jake, Holt, and Amy stood up at the front introducing this year's annual heist, "Some of you have asked me what got me through prison. Was it my family? Don't be stupid." Jake grasped the podium in front of him. "Was it knowing that my friends would eventually get me out? Of course not, I never believed in any of you. No, the only thing that kept me sane was planning for the Halloween heist those many years doing hard time." He looked back in a reminiscent state at his prison time.

"It was six weeks." Terry piped up.

"I also went to prison, dog," Rosa recalled as he propped her legs up on the table.

"We're getting off track here." Jake lifted his hands from the podium in an attempt to get everyone's attention back.

"No, we're not, dog." Holt chimed in from beside Jake. "Peralta's just trying to play the sympathy card so we all go easy on him. I'd rather send you back to prison than see you win." He threatened.

"Okay." Jake gulped, turning back to the gathered squad. "This year, we compete for the most elegant and regal of all prizes..." He began as Holt reaches behind the T.V bringing out a gold belt.

"Ah, a belt." Y/N bobbed her head.

"A championship cummerbund." Holt displayed the prize. "Belt..." He shook his head. "I'd like to see the pair of slacks whose loops are large enough for this belt. No, it is a cummerbund." The man raised his voice.

"Well, whatever it is..." Jake stated.

"Cummerbund." Holt eyed Y/N, correcting her again.

"It's inscribed with the words, 'Amazing human/genius.' The objective is to have it in your possession at midnight." Jake explained the rules as he does every year.

"This year, the competition is not limited to winners of the past heists." Amy elaborated on the plan.

"That's right. Any man, or woman-- #Resist-- can enter. It's open to everyone." Jake gestured around the room before dropping his hand to his side.

"Ooh, every man for himself. It's like 'Bachelor in Paradise'." Charles announced, quite excited because he could now relate it to a show he watches.

"It's really cool that you guys opened it up to anyone," Rosa mentioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Thanks. Yeah, we talked about it, and we just felt like it was only fair." Jake rambled on about his idea as Rosa cut him off.

"I was being sarcastic. Most of you guys suck, and I hope Jake goes back to jail." Rosa wished as Jake was taken back by the comment.