Twelve

BOYLE-LINETTI WEDDING

"Gregor Minsk, the counterfeiter I've been chasing for two years, has finally resurfaced

"Gregor Minsk, the counterfeiter I've been chasing for two years, has finally resurfaced." Amy clasps her hands behind her body acting confident behind the podium. "And he's just as evil as ever." She shakes her head annoyed.

"Right. You hate him because he has a typo on his counterfeit bills." Jake laughs, sitting in his plastic chair beside Charles.

"No. Because he passed four million dollars in fraudulent bills, Jake." Amy argues as Jake smiles and nods. "But also, two R's in 'Pluribus?' I mean, did none of those cashiers take Latin?"

"I thought there were two R's?" Y/N questions as Amy freezes and stares at her in shock. "I mean, I knew that." She laughs uncomfortably.

"Okay, let's give Amy a round of applause for whatever that was," Gina says pushing Amy out from behind the podium as no one claps.

"Police briefing. Still in progress." Amy reminds everyone.

"And you did great. But let's get serious, people." Gina leans on the podium trying to get people attention since they were board out by Amy. "Tomorrow is the wedding. My mom is marrying, shudder, Charles' dad, toilet emoji." She cringes as Charles smiles at the girl in excitement.

"We are going to be brother and sister. To think this started with us going to town or each other's sexy parts." Charles explains as everyone then grimaces and moans. "Charles' promise me that is not in your toast," Gina commands as Charles stares blankly.

"It's not." Charles hesitates to answer.

"Come on, man." She slams her fist into the wooden podium. "Look, I need everything to be perfect. Status update, Rosa. How are the flowers?" Gina asks.

"I don't know." She shrugs. "Yellow." Rosa comes to the conclusion nodding.

"Terr-bear?"

"I had my tuxedo altered to make it tighter like you wanted." He crinkles his nose a bit confused why Gina asked him to do that.

"Delicious. Jake, have you checked in the jeweler?" She leans over the podium looking straight at Jake.

"Yes. They said the ring will be ready at two on the wedding day. I'm gonna pick it up on the way to the ceremony." He nods.

"This is very important, Jake. Are you sure you can handle it?"

"Uh, well, let's see. Easy, last-minute, and crucial as hell." Jake counts on his fingers. "Meets all the Peralta criteria." He smiles putting his hand down.

"Good. These tasks are top priority around here, people I don't care how many criminals go free, alright? Dismissed." Gina smiles taking her hands off the podium as everyone gets out of their seats.

"Uh, I'm not done with my briefing yet." Amy buds in raising her arm trying to grab everyone attention.

"I said dismissed!" Gina shouts as everyone leaves the briefing room back to their desks.