7: blur mind about her

His mind fails to keep his gaze fixed tightly onto the monitor as he scrolls down an endless list of numbers and words, unable to keep track of all the transactions and payments he's made so far with his mind constantly bringing back Hailee's beautiful nutty eyes.

He licks his slightly dry lips as he begins to correct the blank spaces and errors, only to stop when he forgets what he has to type next.

The small ticking sound from the clock right above his head only makes it a little more unbearable as he stares blankly at the screen, knowing all he is thinking about is the woman he seems to have developed a liking to.

He reaches down to his phone and instant it buzzes and almost hopes it is the woman he's thinking about, though it could be strange.

As obvious as it is, it isn't his dreamy woman, but his wife who has just sent him a message telling him that she will be taking the private jet and not a booked first class airplane.

Claiming she wants to have a plane to herself and a few of her friends and that they will be arriving in less than two hours.

Though every man must feel excited to meet his wife after long days of separation, Aaron didn't really like the idea of her returning.

Despite not loving him entirely, she still doesn't want him spending time with other women, since she is well aware that he would divorce her.

It's not at though he has never tried to divorce her and gain all rights to his child, but he loved Bella too much to leave her without a mother who could look after her.

Even though her true mother rarely spends time with her own daughter, he would rather stay with her than have another woman beat Bella to pulp the instant hw marries her.

Instead of ignoring the text, he simply reminds her to bring back any gift for Bella in which she demands for the money for it.

Though she has countless of stacks of cash he keeps transferring to her every single week, she's reluctant to waste it on her daughter.

With a small roll of his eyes, he instantly wires her enough money to buy a very expensive gift for Bella, before turning his phone off and staring back at the screen.

It doesn't take him long before his eyes dart to the small glowing red button at the corner of the monitor.

Once again trying to remind himself of what she looked like the morning he dropped her off.

Without much of a warning, the lingering shaky feeling his body had felt right after his last encounter with her comes slipping back through his toes and up his leg, forcing a small groan to escape his lips when he knows too well he can't simply forget her.

Unlike all women he's spent countless nights with, she surely left him with a lingering desire to want more from her.

Though it was quite clear she wants nothing to do with him now that she knows he doesn't care so much about her but her body.

"Are you done?" The enchanting voice radiating from the small plumpy pink lips nearly jolt him back from his daydreaming.

He leans back to his seat and glances to his side where two blue orbs stare right into his dark ones.

"Not yet." He sighs out and runs a hand through his hair as he glances back at the screen, hardly noticing any good thing he has done so far apart from daydreaming of a woman he can never have. "I've just started."

"You said that an hour ago." She whines and reaches her hands out to grab his shirt and gently pull on it. "I'm hungry."

"Tell Mr Leavens to get the maid to cook." He simply says and begins to type once more, planning to keep his focus for as long as it can last.

"He's busy." She lies entirely, trying to get her father's attention who wants nothing more than to finish off the work he has to do from home.

"Busy with what?" He asks as he quickly glances down at her, knowing it calms her down a little when she makes eye contact with him just to know he is not ignoring her entirely. "Isn't he free?"

"Yeah, but... He's busy." She says as she peers at him. "Make me a sandwich."

"It's almost lunch-."

"But I want one." She pouts her lips and bats her eyes as he glances down at her with furrowing brows.

"Fine." He sighs out in defeat and reaches down to lift her off the ground before taking her into his arms. "What kind of sandwich do you want?" He asks as he walks out of the room while she giggles and holds onto his shoulders.

"Mmh... Chicken?" She asks and he nods his head as he slowly descends the stairs and makes his way to the kitchen. "Make one for you too."

"I'll have lunch pretty soon." He explains as they both step into the kitchen where the maid is frantically trying to clean a stain that Bella made with a permanent marker.

"O-oh, did you need something?" She asks as she watches Aaron cross the floor and towards the fridge, hardly paying her much attention.

"No." He simply shrugs his shoulders and begins to pull out some ingredients from the fridge with one hand, while passing a few items to Bella. "Just making her a sandwich."

"I could make one!" She instantly gets to her feet and rushes over to him. "You don't need to bother yourself with it-"

"It's alright. I wasn't really working anyway." He gently smiles down at the maid who can't help but feel her cheeks warm up from his small boyish smile.

I can see why anyone would want him. She thinks to herself before sighing out when he walks past her and towards the island table.

"I want extra extra mayo." Bella points out as she holds up the mayonnaise jar to her father who grabs a chopping board at his side. "And extra extra chicken."

"Will you finish it all?" He asks with a small chuckle and begins to fry the chicken tenders while setting up the rest of the sandwich.

"Yes." Bella nods her head a little too harshly as she agrees to it. "I want it bigger and more mayo and chicken."

"Won't you have lunch?" He asks as he reaches out and playfully pinches he nose, getting her to giggle while the maid watches in admiration, further feeling her cheeks blaze at the sight of his fatherly side.

"What's for lunch?" She asks with furrowing brows, her already small face getting smaller.

"Did you ask Megan?" He asks while dropping his eyes to the chopping board as he chopped a few onions, making sure they are perfect rings.

"Ew, no onions." Bella hisses out and crosses her arms into an 'x' on her chest.

"This is for me. Plus, you need to eat onions Bella, it's good for you." He points out and she shrugs her shoulders.

"I'll eat them when I'm bigger." She giggles then glances towards the maid who meets her gaze and smiles at her. "Megan, what's for lunch?" She asks with a charming little smile that Megan, the twenty-two year old can't help but smile at her.

"What would you like to have?" She asks and Bella looks around for a moment in thought.

"I would like... Macaroni and cheese with meatballs and salad, and potatoes in mayo and lots and lots of pizza with no olives. I hate olives. I also want chicken and a burger and lots and lots of ice cream too-."

"Will you even finish all that?" Aaron chuckles as he glances at his daughter. "That's a lot."

"Just make everything so small so I can eat it but not get full." She giggles when Aaron playfully rolls his eyes, finishing the sandwiches.

"Just make the macaroni and cheese she said first. Probably with the meatballs." Aaron says as he hands his daughter her small plate with her triangle sandwiches.

"Alright." She nods and instantly gets to work, wanting nothing more than to please her boss.

He leans agaisnt the cupboard and eats his sandwich as well while his daughter happily bites down to the sandwich slices, swinging her feet with the deliciousness filling her entire tongue.