13:Money can't buy a mother

"Are we home now..." Bella yawns out as her head rests on his chest while he drives the car, driving slow enough to rock her to sleep before they both get back for the house.

"Not yet." Aaron's smiles as he stops at a red light, only to sigh out and lean back to the car seat before stroking her hair as gently as he could. "Just sleep."

"Okay..." She nods and snuggles into his chest. "Where... Where is nice lady?"

Aaron glances down at her with raising brows, only to frown slightly.

"She's gone, Bella." He explains as he steps on the peddle once the light turns green. "She's gone home."

"Why can't she be my mummy?" She asks and lazily glances up at him. "I bet she can buy me gifts."

"How do you know she's nice?" Aaron chuckles as he lowers his hand down to her back and gently taps every few seconds, trying to rock her to sleep.

"She smiles at me." Bella points out and closes her eyes when the sleep gets the better of her. "She smells nice too. And she acts like a mommy."

"She does?" Aaron asks with raising brows as he keeps his gaze to the road.

"Yeah." She yawns out once more. "Like a nice mommy."

It doesn't take long until Bella falls asleep in his arms.

He glances down for a moment to check whether she really is asleep. He smiles when he can see her long and thick lashes kissing her rosy blush cheeks.

He gently pushes her golden strands of hair away from her face and tucks it to the back of her ear before turning his attention back to the empty road.

His eyes dart around the car before he sighs out and bits onto his lower lip, feeling his entire body tense up at the mere memory of her lips agaisnt his.

"F*ck... I would kill to have her again." He whispers to himself as he clenches onto the steering wheel.

"Language... Daddy." Bella mummers out in her sleep, getting Aaron to widen his eyes when he though she was asleep.

"Sorry, baby. I won't do it again." Aaron smiles as he reaches back down to pat her head while he pulls up to the house.

The gate instantly rolls back, grabbing Ria's attention who is just outside of the house, escorting her friend to one of the many cars in the garage, planning on lending her one of the cars since she didn't come in one.

Her eyes watch as Aaron pulls up into the drive way where he notices that Ria has taken one of his cars but doesn't seem to be the one intending on using it.

It is her friend instead.

He grips onto the leather coat of the steering wheel as he feels entirely annoyed at the both of them, feeling irritated at the fact that she doesn't treat him like a husband after spending days away and doesn't ask for his permission in lending one of the cars.

If it weren't for Bella.... Ria wouldn't be in my life.

He sighs out but glances down at Bella, only to frown and regret his thought.

No. I don't regret having her. I just regret that Ria happens to be her mother.

"Were you planning on asking me?" Aaron asks as he steps out of his car and tosses the keys to Mr Leavens who rushes into the car to park it for him.

"Did I need to. What's yours is mine, remember?" Ria smiles slightly and Aaron rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"Anyway. Could you get Bella to bed? I need to head to my work room." Aaron explains as he walks over to Ria who glances down at Bella and back at Aaron after noticing she's deep sleep.

"Why dont you just go put her to bed. She's already sleep. It shouldn't be hard." She shrugs her shoulders and Aaron clenches his jaw as he stares at her with venomous eyes.

He doesn't say anything, afraid he would start an argument with her and wake Bella up in the process.

So instead of saying much, he turns and walks towards the house, feeling his blood boil within his veins under his skin.

He heads into the large mansion and doesn't waste any more time as he heads directly for her room while thinking of all the things he has to say to Ria.

It is not as though he simply hates Ria, if he manages to get her pregnant then it would mean he likes her to an extent.

But it is the way she acts that ticks him off and he simply can't help to control his anger around her.

The only reason his outbursts minimized is because of Bella who doesn't need to grow up knowing her father and mother are only together because of her.

The psychological torture that could grow on her could be unfixable and he is determined not to make her feel that she is the reason for her parent's unhappiness.

Though Bella is still young, she can tell that her mother has a somewhat hate for her and doesn't love spending time with her.

Unlike most parents that she has seen showing her friends off to one another, Bella has never had someone to be shown off to. To be hugged when she needed one, to have someone to snuggle in bed with and plait her hair like her friends bribe out about.

She could only dream of it.

Aaron carefully places her down into her bed as tucks her in before leaning down and kissing her small forehead.

A deep frown carves his lips as he stares at his daughter for a moment, knowing he can give her all the things money could buy except a mother that is excited to see her.

He kisses her forehead one more before leaving the large princess room filled with countless stuffed animals and toys arranged neatly agaisnt the walls and shelves.

He steps out of her bedroom and into the corridor while closing the door behind him.

I wonder what Hailee is up to...