12: why do I keep missing her?

NOTE BY: THIS STORY IS PURELY FICTION. THESE CHARACTER'S BEHAVIOR MUST NOT BE TAKEN PERSONALLY.

JUST ENJOY THE BOOK. IF ITS NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA, TRUST ME, IT ONLY GETS WORSE.

Leaning away from the kiss, Hailee felt her entire face flush red as she leans back and clears her throat, glancing off to the side as she brings her clenched fist to her lips and glances to the ground.

"That was pretty short." Aaron chuckles as he lets go of her chin and watches her nervously stare at the ground. "You aren't as open as you were the night we met."

"Well, that's because you weren't married then. Well I mean, to me you weren't ." She rolls her eyes and sighs out as she slaps her cheeks together and glances at him with furrowing brows. "You were a single attractive man."

"But we can still have fun together. There's nothing wrong with that." Aaron shrugs his shoulders but Hailee shakes her head in denial and frowns at him.

"This wasn't meant to happen." She says as she shoves him back, causing him to stumble back a bit but not enough to make him fall. "Go... Go to your daughter. She's alone and she needs her father." She says as she clenches her bag and opens the door to her car. "I'd appreciate if you treat me like a stranger when we meet."

"Hm." He chuckles as he watches her get into the car and close the door. He leans onto the car frame and stares at her though the open window, grinning out as he watches her stare at him with a red face. "I don't think I can do that."

"Please... I can't be dealing with you." She sighs out as she grips her stirring wheel and stares ahead and at a small rose garden.

"Even though you are trying to fight me, you still like it when I kiss you." He bites his lower lip and winks at her as she glances away and rolls her eyes.

"Goodnight, Mr Black." She sighs out as she reaches down to click her window back up, rolling it up until the car is completely sealed up.

She lazily glances at him under her thick long lashes and waves at him before backing the car, forcing him to lean off of the car and watch as she backs away.

A small frown slowly makes its way to his lips as he watches her drive off before turning and walking back into the restaurant as Hailee heads for the road.

She bites onto her lower lip and clenches the wheels tightly while waiting for the red light to turn green.

I can't believe this... She sighs to herself as she glances up at the red robot sign glaring down at her with such intensity.

As though warning her to drive off.

I... Kissed him. And I missed him... She leans her head agaisnt the stirringwheel with her eyes close shut. What am I doing... He's with someone else.

She groans out and steps on the gas the instant the light turns green. Turning towards her neighbourhood.

Her teeth grit as she turns sharply, constantly cursing the entire way back to her mansion.

"Took you long enough!" Molly hisses the instant Hailee steps into the house.

Her hair is already curled around the small rollers and ready for bed in her pajamas and robe wrapped around her petite body.

"I thought I would starve to death." Molly hisses out as their younger sister Fiona steps into the corridor as well, yawning and rubbing her eyes as she tries to drive the sleep away from her eyes. "What took you so long?"

"I met him again. That's why." She sags with a low sigh as she walks with Molly into the kitchen who eventually glances at her in chock.

"What did he say?" She asks while serving Fiona her portion who begins to eat instantly before serving her own plate and Hailee's.

"He said his wife came back and that his daughter, Bella, had spilt the beans about her father and me. Though she doesn't know my name, she usually refers to me as 'the nice lady'." She shrugs her shoulders and begins to nervously eat her food seated at the island table.

"What happened after she found out? Did she beat him up or chase him out of the house? Is that why he had to buy food outside?" Molly furrows her brows as she points  her drumstick towards Hailee who slowly shakes her head in denial

"No. Apparently Bella felt annoyed by her mother who didn't get her a present and wasted it all on her stuff instead. So he took her out to grab something to eat." She explains as she takes in another fork full of fries. "He's... Not a bad father, though, his just a bad husband. But even after his wife found out and her practically threatening my life, he still... Kissed me and said he missed me..." Hailee begins to curl a hair strand around her ear as the other hand stuffs her face with food.

"I bet he likes you a lot." Molly smiles out but doesn't say anything more as she begins to eat her food.

Hailee simply nods her head in agreement before eating her food as well, only with a much more rose tinted face than before.

Meanwhile back at the small restaurant, Aaron still remains sitting at a small booth with his daughter sitting across from him, enjoying a delicious large and juicy burger.

He smiles down at her when she glances at him and holds up her hand to show how much sauce the burger has.

When he hands her a small napkin, she quickly wipes her hands dry and turns back to the burger and continues eating. Though still messing up her hands and clothes all together.

He sighs out as he leans back into his seat and glances out of the restaurant window, feeling his chest suddenly get itchy and somewhat hollow.

He reaches his fingers up to his lower lip and gently strokes them as he shuts his eyes, trying to remember what her lips felt like agaisnt his.

Why do I keep missing her...