28: Feelings only for Hailee

A deep frown carves it's way onto Aaron's lips as he steps into the house with his ears catching the drift of the gate soundlessly rolling open and her car leaving the premises.

He could understand why she is reluctant to stay any longer. Fearing his wife Ria who is bound to bring hell in her.

But he can't help deny the fact he has missed her warmth and her gentle touch.

"Is Bella just coming now?" Ria's unpleasant tone of voice rings into Aaron's clouded head, forcing his eyes off the floor and up to meet her gaze. "Where the heck was she?"

"A friend did me a favor and kept her occupied, since you probably didn't want her around. I figured she would play at her friend's house." Aaron shrugs and drops his gaze to the floor before sneakily rubbing his thumb agaisnt his lips to brush off any evidence as before. "You have a problem with that?"

"Yes, of course." She frowns as she watches him lean from the door and walk towards her. "Was it that woman?"

"Which woman?" He asks pretentiously, glancing down at her unamused gaze.

"Don't think of me as stupid." She rolls her eyes and clenches her jaw as she glances elsewhere. "Answer, is it that dirt bag you kissed when I arrived?"

"No. It was just her friend's mother. She mentions a little girl, Sofia? Her mother is Cynthia maybe? I don't know. But that's her." He brush's past her and heads over to the flight of stairs.

Ria furrows her brows and moves from her spot, following right behind him as she studies his back , hardly seeing anything from the slightly loose clothing.

"If I find out you're lying. I'll be more serious on finding her." Ria explains and Aaron rolls his eyes while stepping into their bedroom and walking towards the king-sized bed while dragging his feet across the fur carpet.

"I haven't even been in contact with her since." Aaron shrugs his shoulder as he glances at her to prove he isn't lying. Even though he is. "I told you, she is nothing special to me."

"You don't love me, you don't love her." She chuckles out as she crosses her arms on her chest as she leans agaisnt the door frame with a small smirk plastering her thin lips. "I find it hard to believe. You're a man, Aaron. You can't lie to me since I arrive there isn't someone to satisfy your cravings."

"There isn't." He sighs out in boredom at that when it is in fact true.

Unlike having to work endless hours behind the desk and only gets home when the clock hits six, Aaron has always had women's company no matter where he is.

Either at work or in the car.

His wife even being around during those times never really stops him from grabbing the nearest thing with a skirt and claiming it for a few hours.

A day is simply an understatement.

But despite his usual thirsty nature, he knows a little too well something changed.

And he did not like it.

"Anyway." Ria sighs out and brushes her hand in the hair before walking towards the bed as well. "I need a few bank notes."

Aaron closes his eyes as a low deep growl rings his throat, getting Ria to furrow out her brows as she stares at his side profile.

"Where is Bella's gift?" He asks as he opens them up and glances at her. "Didn't I tell you to buy one today?"

"I bought a teddy bear way past her size." Ria rolls her eyes and falls back to the bed, getting Aaron who stare at her for a moment before sighing out in annoyance.

"Bella has countless bears. You could get her the children's car she's been asking for." He clicks his tongue and Ria shrugs her shoulders as she closes her eyes.

"At least I bought something better." She yawns as turns away from him. "Send the money to my bank, I need it for a delivery I made."

He clenches his jaw as he glances down at his laps, feeling a little tugged at with the way she blindly asks for money anytime she sees fit. Regardless of the situation.

"I'll send it." He says out in a mummer before glancing at her. With his predatory eyes trailing down her small curvy backside underneath the silk robe. "But at least thank me for it."

"What, you want me to buy you a bear as well?" She asks as she glares over her shoulder to him.

"No." Aaron smirks as he reaches is strong hands down to her thighs. "But be a wife, once in a while."

Ria stares at him for a moment before slowly grinning out menacingly, catching, through his eyes, his sudden desperate self.

"Ah, so you weren't lying." Ria chuckles out as she sits in front of him. "If you're asking me, then it must be true that there's no one making you happy, isn't it?" She chuckles out and before he can open his mouth to speak, she leans down her thin red lips against his, forcing his eyes shut as though on queue.

He reaches down to her waist and pulls her over his laps, getting her even closer to his body as she reaches down to his shirt.

It's been a long time since Ria has been in a heating moment with Aaron, since all they do is yell at each other and since Aaron has other ways of helping himself, he didn't know why he had to ask the woman he fights with for a night together.

Up until now.

The instant Ria's hand fades into the darkness of the shorts Aaron is wearing, her brows pinch to the centre of her forehead before she leans back from him and glances into his eyes with slightly parted lips and knitted brows.

"What?" Aaron asks as he glances down to her laps.

"If you are going to ask me, at least prepare yourself." She rolls her eyes and pushes him back before getting off of him. "Don't make it seem like I'm forcing you."

Aaron glances down at his shorts and sighs out in defeat before leaning back to the bed and clenching his jaw tightly.

"I thought I was." Aaron admits and Ria simply gets under the covers.

Aaron stares mindlessly at the ceiling, annoyed at how entirely unresponsive his body is when it was the perfect moment to finish what he started with Hailee but finish it with Ria.

Almost as though Hailee drove away with it.