15: He's on my mind

Hailee makes her way right into the crowded corridor, sliding her way past the endless trail of men and women as she tries to get to her office without spilling the cup of coffee in her hand with a small beagle in a plastic colourless container.

"You look amazing today." Owen, one of her male colleagues grins out as he watches Hailee walk into her glass office. "As always."

"Thanks." She smiles slightly and places her mug onto the table as Owen steps into the office and closes the glass door behind him.

Hailee slowly sits down and onto her swivel leather chair, getting herself comfortable as she throws her hair over her shoulder as she watches him reach for the glass wall remote on a small black coffee table.

He clicks the button and it instantly turns the once glass colourless windows into pitch black walls.

"Wasn't it a long weekend?" He asks as he smirks out and bits onto his lower lip, getting her to slightly roll her eyes unnoticed as he approaches her. "Didn't you miss me?"

"I had other things to worry about." She smiles at him with a shrug of her shoulders and takes a sip of her coffee before dropping her gaze to the desktop monitor.

"Wow. You seem really rock hard today." Owen chuckles as he leans onto the table, gazing down on her with a mischievous smile on his face. "And why is that?"

Hailee reaches down to her keyboard as she sets her coffee mug aside. Completely ignoring Owen.

Unlike most men in the building, Owen was the man who often dyed his hair silver and red, that always brings out his emerald eyes even more.

Aside from his stunning wavy short hair, Owen's everlasting pearly white smile gave him all the more reasons for countless women in the office to drool over for him every time he passes by the corridor.

His tall masculine frame puts most of the other men in the office to shame with their average heights or shortness, not that others cared. He, in fact, is a formular for distraction.

But unlike most women, Hailee's eyes aren't fully drawn to him, ever since her eyes had landed on Aaron Black.

The man with a lot of mysteries.

The father of one.

"I just have a lot of work." Hailee smiles up at him, revealing the one smile men always seem to want to stare at for eternity.

Hailee is a woman who would force other men to rewrite their checklist.

From her round breasts and small waist, down to her round hips and thick thighs, she could make any head turn, even the woman that envied her healthy toned body.

She has always been a magnetbof attention and she always gets it where ever she goes, no matter where it is.

Itst not that Hailee loves the eyes that watch her whenever she passes the room and escort her all her way into her office.

No.

She never likes the way men would stare at her tight skirt and the only thoughts running their minds is to wonder what kind of heaven lay between her thighs. Or how the women would either praise her for her body, wishing they had something similar to it and degrade themselves with gossip about how she seems desperate to catch the attention of men around her.

It is not a crime.

Hailee wanted to have a stunning body because she's never loved it to begin with.

She has the money and the looks, as per other people's views, but she never sees herself as enough.

She knows her insecurities are simply forced upon herself when others want to be in her shoes, but she can't really bring herself to admit that she has it all.

There is always a hole in the feeling of it and the hole is the fact that despite her gorgeousness and the amount of money loaded into her bank account every single day from her position as Managing Director, all that luxurious status can't give her the one thing she wants.

Love.

Not just any love but true love.

"Earth to Hailee." Owen chuckles as he waves his hand in front to her, trying to grab her attention. "What are you thinking about?"

"Not today, Owen. I kind of have a really clouded mind today." Hailee tries to explain but Owen simply chuckles out and stares at her even more.

"Fine." He sighs out and holds up his hand to show that he has given in to her demands as he steps away from the desk. "But we still are on for the date this evening right? You told me last Friday that you'd be free on Monday for me."

"Of course. But just... Leave my office because I'm trying to clear my head before I work." She expresses with a pleading expression, getting him to raise his brows, a bit taken aback at the way she is desperately trying to get him out of her office.

"Sure." Owen smiles forcefully and walks towards the door. "Have a great day by the way."

"Yeah, you too." She sighs out and rubs her brows the instant he closes the door behind him. Finally leaving her alone.

She groans out as she leans back into her seat and gazes up at the empty ceiling, still feeling her heart thud agaisnt her chest from last night's encounter with Aaron Black.

What has this man done to me... She asks herself as she glances down at her phone and taps to where his number lay, perfectly displayed on the screen and only a tap away to giving him her number.

She taps her phone off and pats her cheeks, knowing she can not be with a man who has a wife and a child at that.

It is just beyond her boundaries. To actually date a man who is supposed to be looking after his family and not looking under the skirts of other women.

And not to forget he is a man addicted to spending time with women.

Clearly not her forte.

Am I... Getting mad?

*********
Sorry for the late update. The network was really bad yesterday and struggled to post it.