18: he's only going to hurt you

Owen slowly nods his head as he gets up from the seat, and so does Hailee who sighs out in relief and shoves her phone back into her purse, knowing too she visibly isn't making it fair for him.

But she can't deny that the feeling she had for him a few days ago had vanished after meeting the arrogant self-absorbed Mr Black.

The taunting tall masculine frame of a man with jet black hair and drawing dark gaze isn't something she would really be going for in any man.

His lazy and deep eyes that graze her skin with every gaze on her entire body almost seems as though his eyes are enough to make her fall into a deep trance.

Unable to awaken from and get back into reality.

She bites onto her lower lip and gazes down to the small pebbles of the pathway leading to the parking lot, watching the countless white, grey and black ever changing peddles with each step she makes.

Owen glances over to his shoulder and watches as her hair carelessly falls in front of her, nearly covering up her hung over head.

He simply takes in a sharp breath and glances back, looking forward as they get closer to the car.

Owen reaches out to the handle and opens the door, letting Hailee walk through before he steps in as well, closing the door the instant his feet are out of the door's way.

"Back to the office." Owen says out to the driver who holds his head and quickly shoves his entire submarine sandwich into his mouth and starts the car.

"Noted." The driver says as he turns the car towards the gate.

Owen leans back into his seat and tags his jacket down, relaxing his shoulders and his entire body before going back behind the desk filled with countless paperwork.

Hailee reaches back down to her purse and pulls out her phone once while feeling her fingers stiffen and turn red as she glances down at a message icon on her screen.

She shakily taps onto it and her heart falls into her stomach when it is the number belonging to the one man that seems to fog her mind.

Saved your number.

She sighs out and turns her screen off before shooting her eyes out of the window and sighs out to herself, catching Owen's attention.

"You clearly are troubled. Come on. Tell me." He smiles as he reaches out and shoves her hair from her face to the back of her shoulders. "I won't get mad. You know. It was just a kiss and it didn't mean anything."

Hailee glances at him with furrowing brows and sighs out as she slowly nods her head.

"That night, I met a man, he uh... He's handsome, but that doesn't really matter to me but either way, I found it drawing to talk to him and I did. I thought he was paying attention because he paid almost all his attention to me that evening." She smiles as she envisions the scene once more in her mind.

The stunning Aaron Black, sited at the bar stand with a cocktail in one hand as he leans on his hand with the other, staring at a woman with a thick head of hair, Hailee, narrating everything she could to the man fully immersed in the details.

Or at least that was what she thought.

So the moment Aaron leaned in, just at the right moment as she explained how tough her parents were and how she tried so hard to get a great job and get out of her father's house along with her sisters that were happy to leave.

The moment was perfect for him to embrace her with a warm thoughtful and caring kiss that she felt a tear escape her eyes for.

She felt warm inside and her entire body shivered from the thought that he cared about her misery.

He told her it was all in the past, and now was the present and all she should think about was him.

"When he kissed me and assured me that I was alright, I felt like I've found the person I was looking for... I fell in love with him." She chuckles out and runs her hand through her hair as she leans back into the car seat while Owen frowns slightly and glances towards the back headrest of the driver's seat. "It's childish, I know. But we made love and it only made things worse. I wanted to even marry him on the spot. But then... When I woke up he didn't even know my name, when I had already told him before. So it turns out he wasn't paying attention to literally everything I was saying. I felt angry and betrayed."

"So..." Owen clears his throat and runs his hands along his trousers as he watches her clench her jaw. "You're not seeing him. Right?"

She chuckles out and glances down at her laps instead, smiling nervously before glancing towards Owen who felt his cheeks warm up at the sight of her warm green eyes and soft small smile.

There is no doubt in mind that Owen is drawn to her. The way his entire body shivers at the sight of her eyes, down to how his heart thuds agaisnt his chest whenever she calls his name.

He's worked under her for nearly a year now and has always loved the sight of her the moment he saw her.

Though he loves her natural seductive beauty, her slightly mysterious character also makes him more drawn to her.

"I wanted to." She nods her head and reaches her hand up to her cheek, as she imagines Aaron. "But I fail every chance I get."

"But... He clearly sounds like he was taking advantage of you. I thought you were more interested in guys that actually care about you?" Owen furrows his brows as she shrugs her shoulders with a small nod of her head.

"I don't know why either." She points out as she can spot her office building pulling up ahead. "I know he's hardly into anything about me... But... For an odd reason, i still want to get to know him."

"I don't want to sound jealous but... He's only going to hurt you." Owen points out and glances out his window. "But if you like him that much, I won't stop you."

************

Don't mind the spelling mistakes. I will eventually fix the problem soon.

Please vote and comment.

Thank you so much!