8: Unwanted wife

His eyes gaze lazily towards the bright lit up screen as he continues further down the endless trail of words and scribbles of signatures.

A heavy sigh escapes his lips when he glances at the clock right above his head, the time only nearing the hour his wife will arrive.

The hours only ticking to the worst part of his life and a long life to test his endurance.

Soft hums come from the little girl spread across the bright pale pink blanket next to his desk hardly seems as fixed on the time as he is. Preoccupied with hundreds upon hundreds of luxurious dolls and dollhouses, clouding her mind entirely.

He drops his gaze down to her with a small smile tagging his lips as he watches her play with a bright smile on her face, completely amused by the doll's clothing and appearance.

They weren't as normal as the rest on the shelves of most toy stores. No.

In fact, these were specially ordered dolls based on the dresses she picked out from actual dresses that a few famous models and stars had worn.

From their hairstyle down to her shoes, she could pick and they would make. All he had to do was pay, pay and pay thousands of dollars in cash to get them for her.

It wasn't much of a problem for him since Bella has always been the most important thing in his life.

Money is just money to him.

He could make more anyway.

"I want a bigger house. The one I can fit in. Viola said her mommy bought one for her, with a car too." The little golden haired girl begins to whine as she glances up at her father who is already staring down at her.

"Do you want it for your birthday?" Aaron asks with raising brows to which she shakes her head to in denial.

"I want one tomorrow. Please?" She asks as she gets up to her feet and rushes over to him, wrapping her tiny hands around his knees and pouting her face to make herself seem adorable. "A pink one. A pink car too. Pretty please?"

"I'll get it for you." He smiles as he reaches down to stroke her hair slightly. "So will you promise not to tell mommy about the nice lady?"

"Yap!" She nods her head in agreement and rushes back to her toys, playing more excitedly now that she would get the things she wants the next day.

Aaron shoves his seat back and gets up from the desk as he makes his way out of the small office room and towards the bathroom just beside it.

He steps into the bathroom and sighs as he gazes into the mirror, staring at his own reflection as he inspects his overall look.

Droopy eyes, dark eye bags, furrowed brows and a frowning lips.

Yap, he looks like a complete disaster.

He runs his fingers through his hair to fix it up just a bit, making sure his own wife doesn't protest about it when she sees him. He coats his fingers with a bit of water and runs it once more through his hair, giving it a bit of life before he rinses off his face and regains his handsome chiseled features.

As he gazes back to the mirror, he can't help but recall the familiar soft yet dominating green eyes that belongs to a woman he's only wanted in his bed.

He still doesn't know her name. Though he feels the need to at least know what to call her the next time he sees her.

He's never really wanted to see any woman after he's done with them. As a matter of fact, he doesn't think about them to say the least.

Though this particular woman... Leaves an imprint in his mind. Hunting him with her green eyes that never seem to slip through his skull.

"Daddy!" He nearly chokes as he glances from the mirror and down to his daughter whom he didn't hear enter the bathroom. "Mommy is here. What do you think she brought for me!?" She giggles excitedly as she grabs her father's hand and pulls him out of the bathroom. "I hope it's big!"

Aaron can only cross his fingers and plead to the universe that she had gotten her something nice at least.

They both make their way down the flight of stairs and towards the large living room where two different voices can be heard from within the corridor.

Aaron sighs out shakily as nervousness kicks into his stomach, feeling entirely unsure if Bella could keep her mouth shut about the green eyed woman for him.

It would make it hard for him to see her again.

Bella, unlike most children doesn't really run up to her mother with her hands spread wide with a big smile on her face.

Instead, she sticks even closer to her father as her eyes dart around the room in search for a big gift. Though all she can see are pairs of designer shoes and countless designer dresses and jewelry.

Aaron can easily tell the two woman apart. His wife, Ria, and her best friend Bree.

They both seem completely unaware of the two simply watching as they talk about their dresses.

"You're back." Aaron points out, just to grab her attention and she instantly whips her head towards her husband.

The blue eyes he still remembers don't radiate the same joy as the angel still gripping onto his knees. These ones almost seem cold and empty to gaze at.

He can tell she didn't miss him one bit.

"How was the flight?" He asks and Ria sighs out for a moment as she leans back to the couch and takes her heels off.

"It wasn't bad." She shrugs her shoulders. "But the jet I was in was one of your old ones. Wouldn't you have gotten one of the new ones for me?"

"Yeah, it had this creaking noise every hour. I thought we would die." Bree comments as well, getting Aaron to shift a cold gaze to her.

"The new ones are here. Still being inspected and registered. I rode the same jet, nothing was wrong. The creak is just the wing and the turbulence." Aaron explains as Bree chuckles lowly.

"Thanks for the lecture." Bree rolls her eyes as she mummers, making sure he doesn't catch it.

"Anyway." Ria starts while clenching her toes for a second. "My feet are sore, could you get the maid for me, dear?"

"Your feet aren't the only thing you should care about." Aaron furrows his brows at her. "Can't you say something to your daughter?"

"Oh. Right." She sighs and turns he gaze down to Bella who stares at her with furrowing brows as well. Clearly unsatisfied with her already. "Hi Ella, how have you been, won't you give mommy a hug?" She asks but doesn't really get up from the chair nonetheless.

"It's Bella." Bella corrects her mother as Aaron frowns at Ria in disappointment.

Though he's not surprised.