14: Caught red handed

The moment he ventures into the master bedroom, tired from all the days work and taking care of his daughter until nightfall, he simply doesn't have enough energy to continue working any more.

Instead, he thinks of getting back to bed and resting his eyes for a moment.

He finds his wife staring at herself in the mirror in a newly bought night robe that is almost entirely see through if it weren't for the red tint.

She glances at him through the mirror and smiles as she turns and pinches the fabric of the robe before pulling it up a bit.

"Nice isn't it? It's the second copy of the original one worn by the designer. She made one for me." She chuckles as she turns back to the mirror while Aaron lazily watches her marvel herself.

"And how much did that cost?" He rolls his eyes as he throws himself back on the bed before sighing out.

"Just a few thousands." She shrugs her shoulders before walking towards the bed to where Aaron is laying, now gazing at the ceiling instead. "You know, it's see through. Bree thought you'd love it."

"But I don't." Aaron explains before glancing towards her. "You should have bought Bella something out of that."

"Why are you always agaisnt me?" Ria asks as her hair drapes over her shoulders while she glares at Aaron who rolls his eyes once more. "I can buy her a present tomorrow if you're going to whine about it all day."

"Bella doesn't want a present. She wants a mother who loves her and you're not living up to that expectation for her." He explains as he sits up with her eyes following all his movements. "The present was just for her to gain a little acknowledgement from you but you went and screwed it all up. I'm trying to help you get close to Bella. Our daughter. Not just mine."

"Who's the woman you were with?" Ria asks as she completely ignores the things he's just said, catching him by surprise.

"It doesn't matter. That was a long time ago-."

He is cut short when Ria reaches over and grabs him by the chin, pulling him forward until their faces were mere inches apart.

"You have a few lipstick stains on your lips. If that was when I hadn't arrived, they would be gone." Ria throws him back, nearly throwing him off be bed. "You kissed someone while you were gone, didn't you?"

Aaron reaches the back of his hand and runs it across his lips, trying to remove the evidence that has already been found.

That is right, he remembers Hailee having a bit of cherry red lip stick. It was not very visible and he didn't think it would show after they kissed.

"No." He explains as he lays back down and tucks his hand underneath his head before glancing up at Ria who is entirely unconvinced. "It's just a sauce, I went out with Bella, so I guess it's the food."

Before Aaron could get the chance to lick it off, she leans down and presses her lips agaisnt his, taking him entirely in surprise as he chokes out.

Aaron slowly closes his eyes as he leans in to her as well, kissing her back.

As Ria leans away from Aaron who shut his eyes, drowning in the enchantment of a woman's kiss, she slightly brushes her tongue agaisnt his lower lip and leans away.

Her eyes drop down on Aaron who opens his eyes on question at how short her kiss was.

"You're lying, Aaron." Ria sighs out and lays down on her side of the bed. "I can taste a lip balm on your lips. Care to explain that?"

Aaron glances away for a moment, trying to create an excuse though it is clear she has caught him red handed and there is no escaping this one.

A heavy depressed sigh escapes his lips as she watches him look around for a bit in hesitation before locking eyes with her.

"Fine. You caught me." He admits to his own surprise to Ria. "I kissed someone before I got here. But don't take it to heart, it doesn't mean anything."

"With another woman? How many women do you need to corrupt already?" She asks with a loud hiss and Aaron furrows his brows at her in confusion.

"I didn't just kiss someone else. I don't do that. I kissed the same woman." He defends himself, only to widen his eyes in realization.

"Same woman? The nice lady Bella is always talking about?" She asks as she stares at him with raised brows. "You know, Bella wasn't this demanding before, but ever since she met your wh*re. She's been behaving badly. I may be a bad mother but I know an irresponsible father when I see one. First of all, you sleep with another woman yet you know your daughter is next door."

"Don't put me as the irresponsible one. I still manage to raise our daughter despite everything I do. Unlike your stubbornness, you can't even put your own child to bed. I'm more responsible than you will ever be." He expresses getting Ria who chuckle out and run a had through her hair.

"I am your wife as I said before." Ria explains as she stares dead on into Aaron's unamused eyes. "You should stop before anyone finds out."

"You see, that's what I meant." He points out and reaches his hand to the bridge of his nose as he gently pinches it. "You only care about how you'll look in all this."

"There is no problem with that. Anyway, remind your little love bird that your wife has returned. If you keep seeing her, I will come hunt her down myself and ruin her life. Like you ruined mine."

Aaron clenches his jaw as he watches her lean down to the bed and pulls the blanket over her pettie body, leaving him to grunt in anger.