19: CEO of RED

"I'm glad you won't." She smiles as the car slowly comes to a stop infront of the twenty floor glass building.

He rolls his eyes the instant she's out of view before opening the door of the car as well. Getting out and walking behind her as she leads the way to the front doors of the building where two guards stand, chattering to each other as usual.

They is clearly no reason for them to be alert all the time, since there is rarely any case of break in during the day light.

Not during the night either.

Their large glass windows are entirely bullet proof and nearly impossible to break with one swing of a hammer.

There is nothing less to expect from a family-run company that has been in business for nearly two generations now.

"Updates." Hailee asks as she reaches her hands into her hair and gathers a hand full as she tries to tie it back to keep it out of the way.

Owen watches as she struggles to gather all he hair, exposing her slim and curvy backside covered entirely in the purely white office T-shirt that slightly reveals her black straps underneath, making him blush for a second before he recollects himself and reaches for her hair.

Wanting to help her.

"O-Oh, thank you." She chuckles nervously as she stops and lets him neatly make her hair.

Surprisingly enough, he can do it rather well.

Tying her hair with only a strand of her own hair, since she didn't seem to have a ribbon to keep her hair in one place.

"Wow." She sighs out as they step into the elevator that opens the instant they are close enough, as though it was waiting for them. "Doesn't hurt, thanks."

"Welcome." He smiles as he stares at her charming small smile that seems to fog his mind entirely. "So, updates... Uh... Just got a message. Looks like your visitor already arrived. Like five minutes ago."

"Oh. Why didn't you tell me?" She asks with furrowing brows to which he shrugs his shoulders to and smiles out to her. "We should have been here five minutes ago."

"Well, you were narrating about that man and I wasn't paying attention to the tablet." He smirks to which she rolls her eyes to as the elevator opens, revealing the brightly lit floor. "But don't worry, my vice said that the man doesn't seem to be impatient. In fact she told him it was lunch hour and he insisted he would wait."

"Right. That's good news I guess. But next time, do your job right. Don't put it all on me." She rolls her eyes and fans him away as she nears the door to her office.

The young vice secretary instantly stands at the sight of Hailee and gives her a small bow.

"The CEO of Red is inside." She smiles at Hailee who nods at her and gives her an awarding smile before opening the door to the office.

The young woman watches in admiration at the young CEO, Hailee.

"She's amazing, isn't she?" Virginia, the young vice asks as she glances up at Owen who nearly towers over her as he makes his way to the desk, causing her to blush when his gaze meets hers.

"She is." Owen agrees as Virginia steps aside and away from his desk, watching as he takes a seat in the comfortable luxurious leather seat. "Well, if you don't mind. I need you to do something for me."

"Oh. Anything." She smiles brightly as her heart leaps into her throat, unable to keep her excitement from his gaze alone.

"See that folder over there?" He asks as he points over to the folder he had left before lunch on her side of the small office. She nods the instant her eyes land on it. "Yeah, there are some files Hailee gave me this morning and they need to be sorted out. They are just old records of the company and she wants them arranged in a way she can easily find what she's looking for. There are numbers and letters on the top right corner. Arrange them how you see fit and hand the over when you are done."

"Oh, okay." She nods her head and instantly gets to work, rushing over to the table and grabbing the file.

Owen sighs out and glances to his monitor as he proceeds with his daily tasks.

Meanwhile, in the office, Hailee remains glued to the door as she stares at the man that seems to have made himself comfortable in her office and running his fingers through the endless books on the shelf. His eyes still glued to the book he is looking at.

Her photo album.

Hailee has always had a habit of bringing home to her office so that whenever she felt upset or angry, she would simply take a look at the photos of her sisters' smiles and forget about her worries for a while.

She's always had a rough patch being the CEO of the company and most of the weight is on her in order to please the big family running it all.

One slip on the job and she is out of the business.

They wouldn't think twice about it.

She had just gotten promoted a few months before and this was her first year under the knife of the board of directors.

Eyes that peer from all four corners of the company, watching her every move.

So far, she hasn't made a slip and her company is running quite perfectly.

But one wrong move and she is out of the throne.

Not many last five years on the throne.

It is evident that they always die out along the way.

A chuckle radiates the man's throat as he glances down at a photo of the woman of the office in her childhood days.

Fully submerged in dark chocolate rain puddles with her eyes peering behind the curtain of running mud.

Beside her are her sisters that are laughing and pointing at her with wide grins as they seemed to have tossed the mud on her, with the dirty bucket side one of their feet as evidence.

"CEO of... Red?" She asks as she watches the man raise his brows, and only then did he acknowledge her presence.

His dark gaze shifts from the book and directly towards her as his lips slowly curve into a small charing smile.

"Hailee." The name rolls effortlessly off his tongue, making her sigh out shakily.