10: Nice Lady

Hailee stares up at the small monitor hovering above her head with the number 17 still displayed on it.

She furrows her brows and glances around the room in confusion and at the countless people that haven't gotten their order yet. All because of customer 17 who seems to have ordered countless options on the menu.

She crosses her arms over her chest as she closes her eyes and presses her lips together visibly annoyed at the entire scenario.

All she wants to grab is a simple dinner and head back home to her two sisters who are waiting for the same food to arrive before they starve to death.

Hailee glances back down at her watch once more and sighs out heavily, groaning out for people to hear.

Not that it can be helped, other people turn their heads to glance at her a bit taken aback.

From her overall appearance, the least they could expect from her is to act like a normal human being and groan out so loudly.

It just doesn't seem to suit her at all.

"Tired of waiting, huh?" A man says beside her, instantly grabbing her attention as she draws her bright green eyes to him. "Number 17 made different five orders." He chuckles and Hailee rolls her eyes in annoyance at the owner of the number. "Say, what's your number?"

"I'm number 20." She sighs out as he nods slightly and glances around for a moment, as if looking for something.

"I'm 18. Just after this one." He chuckles widely and Hailee simply nods her head in agreement before dropping her eyes down to her phone. "So, how old are you?"

"No thanks." Hailee frowns and continues texting away on her phone as the man stares dead onto her. His wide smoked eyes hardly leaving her face.

"Fine. Your name then." He persists to which she finds annoying eventually.

She shrugs her shoulders and presses her lips together, not wanting to give him any more attention than she already did. Regretting she even started a conversation with him to begin with.

"No name?" The wide eyed man asks as he glances down to her dress and down to where her dress stops and exposes her smooth thighs to him. "So, where do you stay?" He asks as he shakily lingers his fingers towards her thighs when a sudden firm hand grabs onto his wrist and squeezes onto it as tightly as it could, causing the man to flinch and recoil.

Hailee trails the masculine arm from the crying man up to the owner of it, only to set her eyes down to the two familiar dark orbs that gaze into her soul every chance they get.

"Don't touch things that aren't yours. Don't think I didn't see you trying to touch her." His voice radiates from his deep throat and fills her ears like an enchanting muse.

Her cheeks instantly warm up as she pinches her knees together and clenches her teeth.

Feeling the tangling knot in her stomach at the very sight of him.

"Number 18 please!" A soft feminine yell fills up the entire room, getting the smoked eyed man to instantly shoot his gaze to the pickup section.

"Looks like my order is done." He shakily points out and snatches his hand away from the stranger and rushes away.

"Mr Black... What brings you here?" Hailee fails to keep her composure as she stares directly into his drawing gaze while he stares back at her.

A part of him wants to admit this woman in front of him is like a drug to his eyes. He simply can't get enough  just gazing into her tempting green orbs.

"Daddy, go order. I'm hungry." A whine instantly draws Hailee's attention and she glances down to Bella who is tugging her father's shirt.

Right... He has a family. She frowns slightly at the remainder and sucks in a deep breath.

"How's your wife?" She asks though with an eating feeling in her stomach as she stares at Aaron who doesn't really seem to respond other than stare at her. "When is she coming back again?"

"She just landed a few minutes ago." He shrugs his shoulders and glances around for no reason. "You look beautiful, as always."

She glances down at her outfit and furrows her brows while glancing back up at him.

"This is just a normal dress." She explains and he nods and a small smile.

"It looks good on you." She drops her gaze as he speaks. A tone so soft.

Almost as though he cares.

She shakes her head in denial and sighs out in boredom, getting him to raise his brows.

"Oh, nice lady?" Bella instantly recognizes Hailee who glances back down at her.

She smiles down at Bella and reaches her hand to give her a small high-five before leaning back to her seat.

"Can I sleep at your place tonight?" Bella asks as she rushes over and wraps her arms around Hailee's legs. "I don't want to go home."

"What's wrong?" Hailee raises her eyes up to Aaron who frowns as he glances down to Bella with a pitiful gaze.

"Her mum just arrived and we didn't get much of a reunion as we expected. Not that I expected any more." Aaron shrugs his shoulders and gazes up to her. "She didn't get Bella any gift, even when I sent her the money for it. She spent it on shoes instead so Bella got pretty upset about it. On top of that she even forgets Bella's name and calls her Ella which upsets her even more."

He reaches down to his knees and pats Bella's hair as gently as he could whilst frowning a bit as he watches his daughter close her eyes on Hailee's laps while still hugging onto them as tightly as she could.

"Bella kind of talked about you in front of her mother and things escalated from there. So since we can't sit and have dinner as I wanted, I'm taking her out to calm her down a bit before she gets put to bed." He says and Hailee's glances down at Bella.

"I see." Hailee simply says and reaches her hand down to Bella's hair, gently stroking it. "Everything will be okay, Bella."