Chapter 7: Practice makes perfect.

When Jærvun awoke, he was still in the dining area. His head was no longer on Yùleyne's lap. It was on a blue and pink pillow.

He sat up.

On the far left end of the table sat Gärehn. Eating silently.

He didn't take notice of Jærvun, he was just staring blankly at the food he was eating.

Jærvun sat silently. Unsure of what to do in the current situation.

The silence was broken by Gärehn, who had finally taken notice of Jærvun.

'Thank you for bringing me here. My colleagues would have just helped me stand up and immediately leave.'

Gärehn continues eating his food. In silence.

The two stayed silent for a while.

Once he was tired of the silence, Jærvun stood up and walked around.

He went to the kitchen, it was occupied by multiple maids and servants that were being lax and having conversation.

Jærvun remembered his earlier training and thought to put it into use.

The goal was to reach the storage for the cooked food, which was on the other side of the kitchen.

Jærvun scanned the area.

There were 8 maids and 15 servants in total. All scattered around the kitchen in various groups having their own conversations.

All he needed to do was get to the food storage,

Jærvun added a little repreive for himself. 'It doesn't matter how far I get, all I need to do is get to that point without being caught.'

He felt like he was being watched, but he assumed it was just from Gärehn sitting at the table and moved on.

He steeled himself and began stealthily moving to the food storage.

Meanwhile....

Yùleyne was trying her best to not have a mental breakdown. After that stunt that Jærvun pulled, she wasn't able to look her guests in the eyes or speak loudly, it was as the most embarrassing moment she's been part of yet.

She was a mess of thoughts, emotions, panic, embarrassment, maybe a little hint of being flustered.

'What am I gonna do?!?! This charade was so dumb! It works for him since he has confidence so bold even Kaēyluwa would be impressed! But Not me! I can't just walk up and say embarrassing things in front of everybody! I can barely act tough in front of my trainees! Aaaauuuugggghhhh!'

These thoughts and many more were running through her head. It was a horrible yet pleasant feeling.

She thought back to when the charade started. When Jærvun "Proposed" to her in front of everybody in the center of town. She thought it was just the most powerful way of getting revenge at that time. She never thought it would last for 3 years and counting.

But then wherever she went with Jærvun, he would always call her 'Dear' or 'Darling' sometimes 'My beloved', All the things you would hear from a married couple.

He called her these pet names so often that she reciprocated and also started calling him pet names. But whenever she did, it was always when they were alone and hanging out together. Never in public like he did to her.

She wanted to question how she would make this embarrassment end, but there were more pressing matters at hand.

Gärehn had woken up 3 hours ago, and all he had done was ask for food and water, and all he did afterwards was sit at the table and eat agonizingly quietly and slowly.