Chapter 23: Dragon's belly.

Returning to the group, Jærvun was having a very nice dream...

He had been sitting on the porch of a house...

He wasn't doing much. Merely sitting down and enjoying the landscape in front of him...

The place seemed to have every scenery you could want.

On the left were some rocky mountains, directly in front of him is a grassy plains area, further past that, there was a forest, and past that forest was a desert, and on the far right of the grassy plains was a beach...

He basked in the peaceful calmness of the porch on that house...

Until he felt a giant weight on his back...

It pushed him down and subdued him...

Eventually his peaceful house was melted away as he was woken up by the immense pressure that held him down...

He did his best to sit up and resist it.

He then noticed that he wasn't the only one affected.

Yùleyne was trembling in her sleep.

And then she too, woke up because of the pressure...

There was no doubt that this was Shiyīvnē's aura... It was the same terrifying weight that felt like a neverending lightning storm hitting you with not a millisecond of pause.

Eventually, the aura stopped, allowing him to take a deep breath...

'Is this some sort of punishment for slacking off?' Jærvun asked the still uncomfortable Yùleyne.

'I- I don't know...I have no idea what she's doing...' she said, trying to get a grip on herself...

A few minutes pass and out of a thicket, Gärehn appeared...

'What happened?' Jærvun asked...

'If it was not for the Deeáilrüs that tried to sneak up on me, I would have assumed that our mentor was testing us... So I assume that we are under attack...'

'Eh, what do you mean?'

'I wanted to go for a stroll, but I felt Çhirē Shiyīvnē's aura, so I steadied myself, and by the time it disappeared, I felt the presence of my opponent... I assumed it was her, but it belonged to a man wielding an axe...'

'With your lack of injuries, I assume you won?' Yùleyne asked him...

'He is bleeding out in the forest, it will claim him soon enough, we need not worry...'

Jærvun and Yùleyne slowly stood and woke Çhirē Trìßtell up.

'The wind is calm... We are under no threat...' she said before closing her eyes once more.

With their concerns quelled, they talked...

'If she isn't here, then do we just go ahead and go to the village?' Jærvun asked.

'If her aura had enough area to affect me, then that means she is nearby...' Gärehn said.
'But the issue is why she had to trigger her aura in the first place...'

Suddenly a body was dropped close to them... Surprising everyone but Yùleyne, who saw it approaching.

'You do not have to wrack your minds over it. This Potential corpse is the reason I triggered my aura...' Shiyīvnē said.

Everyone saw that the body was a Deeáilrüs...

'From my observation, this one seems to be a scout... A weakling with no real fighting power. That is why he relied on stealth...'